Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activeaid Comfortuff cushion - elevated toilet seat

Activeaid Comfortuff cushion - elevated toilet seat

Has anyone tried one of the Activeaid Comfortuff cushions - either on an elevated toilet seat or shower chair? How is the durability, especially compared with their regular waterfall cushion? How is the comfort and skin tolerability?

My Dad has been using an Activeaid elevated toilet seat, with the thick waterfall cushion, for many years. The comfort of the cushion is very good, which is really important because my father has a lot of butt pain and a long bowel routine. But the cushion durability has been poor. The last one he bought cracked within 4 months (!). For years I have been covering the cushion with duct tape (!) as needed. Not good.

He wants to replace the elevated toilet seat finally, and now Activeaid has a new version of the cushion you can buy separately and replace, and it is supposed to be of a more durable material and is called "Comfortuff". Is it comfortable? Is it tuff?

Thanks.

We bought the Comfortuff. It looks a bit more durable. Time will tell.

It is firmer than the traditional waterfall cushion, but still comfortable for my Dad.

Fyi the comfortcuff is more durable and shouldn't wrinkle or tear.

So far, so good. It looks like it will last much better than the prior Activeaid version.

Blog Entries
    So the comfortuff cushion can be put on the old base? Ive been using glue on patches for years to cover the splits on my activeaid.

Ya, but I dunno how you'd get a hand under there? With the elevated toilet seat its easy.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Here are all the Activeaid cushion options. Most of the cushions can be positioned so that you have the opening in the front, back, or either side for easier hand access for doing bowel care and clean-up.

http://activeaid.com/chair-cushion-matrix/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Thanks for the review, be interesting to hear your thoughts in a couple of months.

I wish their website did a better job of showing off the difference between the cushions.
    considering their outrageous prices it's hard to believe they don't have more competition.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Thanks for the review, be interesting to hear your thoughts in a couple of months.

I wish their website did a better job of showing off the difference between the cushions.
    considering their outrageous prices it's hard to believe they don't have more competition.
    It is a very small market. You might want to call them to discuss your needs. I always found their customer service to be excellent.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    So the comfortuff cushion can be put on the old base? Ive been using glue on patches for years to cover the splits on my activeaid.

We were also patching our cushion for 10 years with duct tape (not pretty). Yes, they have finally made a cushion that serves as a replacement on your current base, as long as your base is the "new" version. How long ago did you buy your base? I think ours was purchased in October 2008. They changed the base in 2008 and ours is the "new" version that is compatible with the replacement cushions they are now making.