Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible opportunity

The completed trial information was published well over two years ago. We'll be interested to see if there is ever further Phase 3 trials undertaken by Pharmicell that is deemed successful for launching a chronic SCI commercial treatment worth purchasing.

For now, we wouldn't pay anything for unproven potential theories of various dosing schedules on the "chronic" SCI. (It is Pharmicell that must prove their treatment and theories to be correct for chronic SCI in a patient trial and then we'll purchase it with confidence and know we'll be getting a viable product for the $60,000. treatment). That would be a huge amount of money to risk for a treatment that may result in little to nothing.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that due to a misunderstanding on my end I am not having a phone conference meeting with a representative tomorrow. However I am meeting with a translator and a photographer. I am not entirely sure as to why this meeting is taking place but I will be happy to post whatever information is presented if it seems worth while. I apologize for the inaccurate post. Also thank you to those who have taken the time to check this thread out.

@jaemc, thank you for keeping us informed. I'd take it you are being used as a live test case to later be a sales lead for "world exclusive safe and effective SCI treatment"* (priced exhorbitantly!!). I'm curious what predictions of recovery Dr.Kim will make. In any case, Pharmicell has been grinding away at SCI for years and perhaps this is their method to get ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to say that due to a misunderstanding on my end I am not having a phone conference meeting with a representative tomorrow. However I am meeting with a translator and a photographer. I am not entirely sure as to why this meeting is taking place but I will be happy to post whatever information is presented if it seems worth while. I apologize for the inaccurate post. Also thank you to those who have taken the time to check this thread out.
    No need to feel embarrassed! I would be hesitant to let the photographer take any photos unless you know where they plan to post them or what they plan to use them for. Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what is going on. All information is helpful. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    No need to feel embarrassed! I would be hesitant to let the photographer take any photos unless you know where they plan to post them or what they plan to use them for. Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what is going on. All information is helpful. Best of luck!
    I've already run into that mistake fairly recently... I thought the picture was being taken for the doctor but it turned out to be for a news article for the koreadaily. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about it. More-so, I don't know if it was the "translate to english" feature in google chrome or just the way the article was written, but parts of the article are confusing to read. Curious to know if anyone here is able to read korean and translate it?
    Last edited by jaemc; 09-14-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Interesting stuff here. Do keep us posted on all that go's on. And, thanks.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

I've already run into that mistake fairly recently... I thought the picture was being taken for the doctor but it turned out to be for a news article for the koreadaily. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about it. More-so, I don't know if it was the "translate to english" feature in google chrome or just the way the article was written, but parts of the article are confusing to read. Curious to know if anyone here is able to read korean and translate it?
    When was the news article posted? I generally translate articles via Google chrome... I'm curious if the article portrayed you as a recovering patient that is paying for the treatment? Would they have given you a link to it?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-15-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Well... Just met with the translator. We basically met to talk about important and basic information. How many patients have they seen, What were the improvements, Where would I be staying, How long, How would we manage the flight, How will this affect my baclofen pump, etc... He is going ask these questions for us and hopefully get back to us Monday.
    Grammy... the article was published Aug. 19th, 2017. It reads like a "and in other news" piece.

They did not provide a link. My step-sister brought me a printed copy of the article that had the url on it.

http://m.koreadaily.com/news/read.as...27077&referer=

Couple of lines refer to me as "She". Majority of the confusion lies within the first half. And some parts are a little exaggerated. I'm usually hesitant to share things about my personal life but it's already online so... whatever I guess.

I should maybe also note that I was never actually interviewed for this article. It's my understanding that this was told from my biological mother's perspective. Also, also, note... The way the beginning reads... Was it me that was abandoned by my parents or are they talking about my "mother' in question was abandoned. Which would then make me question... when was she going to reveal this to me if I'm not her kid.
    Last edited by jaemc; 09-15-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Well... Just met with the translator. We basically met to talk about important and basic information. How many patients have they seen, What were the improvements, Where would I be staying, How long, How would we manage the flight, How will this affect my baclofen pump, etc... He is going ask these questions for us and hopefully get back to us Monday.
    Grammy... the article was published Aug. 19th, 2017. It reads like a "and in other news" piece.

They did not provide a link. My step-sister brought me a printed copy of the article that had the url on it.

http://m.koreadaily.com/news/read.as...27077&referer=

Couple of lines refer to me as "She". Majority of the confusion lies within the first half. And some parts are a little exaggerated. I'm usually hesitant to share things about my personal life but it's already online so... whatever I guess.

I should maybe also note that I was never actually interviewed for this article. It's my understanding that this was told from my biological mother's perspective. Also, also, note... The way the beginning reads... Was it me that was abandoned by my parents or are they talking about my "mother' in question was abandoned. Which would then make me question... when was she going to reveal this to me if I'm not her kid.
    "Kang, who is also a terminal cancer patient himself, was leading various volunteer activities "

So, Kang is the contact person acting as a liaison for the stem cell clinic?
    Is the treatment being paid for through donations collected from the US Korean community and the Presbyterian Church?

Kang is the person who visited Korea on my mother's behalf and brought information back. As far as I'm aware, he is longer involved.

The translator (Daniel Shin), based on the knowledge he has; it would be paid for through the clinic/gov't. He will be the person as my advocate seeking out the answers we're looking for.