Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible opportunity

Can you surmise if this is just a straight up treatment being paid for and promoted by the government (for promoting Korean business) or is the government paying and data is to be collected in an actual trial with multiple people involved?

I'm under the impression that it'd be for promoting business

jaemc, I too am under the impression you are being used as a sales lead.

Worth noting Pharmicell's Hearticell product makes a US$19k entry in the Sep-2016 article Why price for cell/ gene therapy products is so high? . Article summarizes the high cost of these treatments due to the factors below of which I can see the bolded ones perhaps being used to charge US$20k per cellgram-SCI packet.

1. High cost of manufacturing
    2. High cost of delivery
    3. Lack of comparative studies as evidence for reimbursement scheme
    4. Lack of competition
    5. Small market size
    6. Potential for cure (high utility therapies)
    7. Hunger for ROI

Thankfully Dr.Vaquero in Spain is cultivating MSC stem cells and purportedly delivering treatment in their public hospital free for Spanish ppl. Fingers crossed, the EU will uptake his methods and bring costs down. Such parallel competition is hoped will see Dr.Kim present more affordable treatment. He may consider taking customers at a far lower priced to get some ROI while those still untreated customers exist & are interested in his product. Worth noting, Dr.Kim has a Gangham office.. Gangham-style indeed!!

Back to jaemc. Am interested in your level of injury, symptoms (complete/incomplete) and what Dr. Kim tells you are achievable results with his Pharmicell MSC stem cells.

It's worth asking "how much would this cost if I wasn't paying?" as those numbers I've been quoted ( 3 x US$20) may be just for the cells?? Not sure if it includes the surgery and accomodation for the treatment. In any case, the clinical trials have shown it's safe therapy. So you can only gain from the procedure . . .
    Last edited by Pauly1; 09-16-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Kinda a new territory for me here but if the treatment truly works I would have no moral quarrels with promoting the business but if it turned out to be non-efficious Id be damn pissed to have been the poster child for it. It all depends
    Does anyone have any literature concerning animal tests with this procedure
    And honestly if they plan to use me to advertise their therapy id kindly want the the treatment at a reduced rate
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 09-16-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    jaemc, I too am under the impression you are being used as a sales lead.

Worth noting Pharmicell's Hearticell product makes a US$19k entry in the Sep-2016 article Why price for cell/ gene therapy products is so high? . Article summarizes the high cost of these treatments due to the factors below of which I can see the bolded ones perhaps being used to charge US$20k per cellgram-SCI packet.

1. High cost of manufacturing
    2. High cost of delivery
    3. Lack of comparative studies as evidence for reimbursement scheme
    4. Lack of competition
    5. Small market size
    6. Potential for cure (high utility therapies)
    7. Hunger for ROI

Thankfully Dr.Vaquero in Spain is cultivating MSC stem cells and purportedly delivering treatment in their public hospital free for Spanish ppl. Fingers crossed, the EU will uptake his methods and bring costs down. Such parallel competition is hoped will see Dr.Kim present more affordable treatment. He may consider taking customers at a far lower priced to get some ROI while those still untreated customers exist & are interested in his product. Worth noting, Dr.Kim has a Gangham office.. Gangham-style indeed!!

Back to jaemc. Am interested in your level of injury, symptoms (complete/incomplete) and what Dr. Kim tells you are achievable results with his Pharmicell MSC stem cells.

It's worth asking "how much would this cost if I wasn't paying?" as those numbers I've been quoted ( 3 x US$20) may be just for the cells?? Not sure if it includes the surgery and accomodation for the treatment. In any case, the clinical trials have shown it's safe therapy. So you can only gain from the procedure . . .
    I'm a c4-c5 complete. I do not yet have details in terms of results of other patients they've seen. Hopefully will have that information Monday. I believe they were hoping for 2levels recovered.
    Last edited by jaemc; 09-16-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
    I'm a c4-c5 complete. I do not yet have details in terms of results of other patients they've seen. Hopefully will have that information Monday. I believe they were hoping for 2levels recovered.
    All this stem cell company in Korea can give you is a wild guess or empty promise since the first trial failed and they have no other actual clinical trial launched for gathering data on various injection amounts on patients. If there is no data and trial, you are being utilized as a poster child for selling a treatment that has not been tested and proven beneficial to chronic SCI. Sending in the publicity team with a reporter and photographer before even talking to the doctor was an unmistakable clue.

GRAMMY, I welcome a poster child here as a living example of the technology at work. Here's another - this documentary vid from China showing improvements from neural (umbilical cord) stem cells for a c3-c7 complete injury (injury details before & after stem cells here) which may be of interest to jaemc, given his c4-c5 complete injury.

The featured Dr Yihua An from the the General Hospital of Chinese People's Armed Police Forces has been doing trials from the early 2000's with stem cells. PubLmed has 8 SCI documents with him as co-author. Stem cells clearly do something.

It comes as no surprise that Korea's Pharmicell is aiming to provide a commercial, safe stem cell treatment to fill the market need. The US playing catchup since Bush disallowed stem cell but after 2008, Obama allowed it.

I eagerly look forward to seeing jaemc's progress even if the US$60k+ treatment asking price is unattainable for many (for now). Dr. Kim should consider dropping the asking price to US$25-$35k to be competitive against China (Puhua, Wumedical) & Panama (cellmedicine) alternative stem cell treatments.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 09-17-2017 at 10:25 AM.

I've seen most every one of the miracle overseas cure advertisements for 15 years. The one above is no exception. Most of them invariably end up posted here at Carecure. I believe you've posted the advertisement above previously. People that have rounded up this kind of money to have the treatments don't generally return to this forum to give sensational progress reports. There are reasons. There's hundreds of threads posted here over the years about the various treatments that can be found via the search bar. There's no miracle posted in any of the expensive overseas stem cell treatment threads.

Here's one of many that would be interesting to read.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?73257-Embryonic-versus-Adult-Stem-Cells-and-other-spinal-cord-injury-therapies&highlight=embryonic+stem+cells
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-17-2017 at 12:24 PM.

If you don't mind me asking and apologies if I missed it but how/why were you selected for this treatment? I'm interested to know what they see as a potential ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    If you don't mind me asking and apologies if I missed it but how/why were you selected for this treatment? I'm interested to know what they see as a potential ambassador.
    I do wonder that myself considering treatments like this typically want "fresh" injuries.

To clarify, it has not been confirmed that I am receiving this treatment. I am on a list of many potential candidates. It's to my understanding that my mother and her husband went around within their community and had people sign a petition they created.

I think my mother thinks it's definite. I am merely gathering as much information I can before I make a decision.