Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible opportunity

Possible opportunity

So it seems I may have an opportunity to receive stem cell treatment in S. Korea at Dr. Kims Stem cell Clinic (http://www.kmhglobal.com/department/...em-cell-clinic) for my c4-c5 paralysis. Before I make a decision there are still more questions that need to be answered. I was curious if anyone has heard of this clinic and if they could offer any professional insight. We are having a phone conference meeting this Friday to get a little more information and clarity.

Supposedly the Korean government will decide whether they will cover the cost of my flight and treatment at the end of this month as part of a documentary they are filming as a public relation with the US. I'm unsure of what to do but I think I'd be foolish not to, at the very least, listen to what they are talking about.
    Last edited by jaemc; 09-09-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
    So it seems I may have an opportunity to receive stem cell treatment in S. Korea at Dr. Kim?s Stem cell Clinic (http://www.kmhglobal.com/department/...em-cell-clinic) for my c4-c5 paralysis. Before I make a decision there are still more questions that need to be answered. I was curious if anyone has heard of this clinic and if they could offer any professional insight. We are having a phone conference meeting this Friday to get a little more information and clarity.

Supposedly the Korean government will decide whether they will cover the cost of my flight and treatment at the end of this month as part of a documentary they are filming as a public relation with the US. I'm unsure of what to do but I think I'd be foolish not to, at the very least, listen to what they are talking about.
    Sorry, I am a skeptic on this one

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Sorry, I am a skeptic on this one
    As I mentioned. There are still questions that need to be answered, and asked. I am not agreeing to anything til I feel completely comfortable. Even making appointments with Johns Hopkins/Kennedy Krieger to ask former doctors I've seen there to get their opinion.

What is the source of the stem cells? Are they injecting the stem cells into the injury site to maximize their ability to do something or are they doing hopeful lumbar puncture?
    Do note that Asterias OPC-1 aim to get two function level recovery when injected at the injury site within 1 month of injury.

Dr Vaquero got sensory improvement of up to 14 levels when injecting bone-derived MSC along the injury site tract here.

Have your tried 4-AP to see potential remyelination benefit as discussed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    What is the source of the stem cells? Are they injecting the stem cells into the injury site to maximize their ability to do something or are they doing hopeful lumbar puncture?
    Do note that Asterias OPC-1 aim to get two function level recovery when injected at the injury site within 1 month of injury.

Dr Vaquero got sensory improvement of up to 14 levels when injecting bone-derived MSC along the injury site tract here.

Have your tried 4-AP to see potential remyelination benefit as discussed here?
    We asked what specifically what the treatment would involve. They replied: Aspiration of Bone marrow and Injection of Stem cell therapy product into the Spinalcord. We also asked how many patients they've seen and what the results were. They've seen about 20 and improvements - Neuromere : Improvement of 2nd nerve.

I have not tried 4-AP let alone even heard of it. Thank you for the link. I will be reading that later on.

I can't find any in-depth information on the procedure and where the cells come from and such so I dunno... But interested in what they have to say about details when you talk to them
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

oh aspiration of bone marrow... Still wanna hear more from your consultation. Good luck

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

"injection of stemcell therapy into the spinal cord"... Thats a rather broad description... Do they mean lumbar puncture or into the injury site

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    "injection of stemcell therapy into the spinal cord"... Thats a rather broad description... Do they mean lumbar puncture or into the injury site
    I was assuming the injury site. I will make a note to ask about that.

In my opinion, this hinges on whether this procedure is really associated with the Korean government. That would imply legitimacy at least, and possibly true innovation as their science and technology is cutting edge without question. But if the government claim is bogus or exaggerated (or can't be verified), then I would avoid and ignore them without regret.