Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling FoolishOld...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    The administrators must know his real name, they could do a quiet search but for privacy reasons probably wouldn't be able (or wish) to report back...don't know what else could be done, unless someone in the general population here knows his name and googles him.
    We have no way of knowing more than hi IP address and email. Someone with skill could prob get info with his IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We have no way of knowing more than hi IP address and email. Someone with skill could prob get info with his IP.
    Thanks Jim, I guess we're all just in the dark...always liked his posts and am grateful for his input here over the years.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    His posts only seem to go back to June 2006, his join date. You sure you found one from 1998?! Nothing comes up now from that early.
    He joined in 2006. His last post was 2013, but he logged on in March 2014 the last time.

The administrators must know his real name, they could do a quiet search but for privacy reasons probably wouldn't be able (or wish) to report back...don't know what else could be done, unless someone in the general population here knows his name and googles him.
    No, that is not true. No one is required to enter their actual name when registering; we don't even vet e-mail addresses for registrations (at least not until the last month). We only know real names if someone puts that in one of their posts, or sends it via a PM to an administrator or moderator.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I seem to recall a goodbye post that explained that he had some personal (health?) issues to tend to. I looked back through his posts but couldn't find it.
    I thought I saw the same thing you did. I don't post much just read mostly.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    I thought I saw the same thing you did. I don't post much just read mostly.
    Yeah, I just went back through his posts for the last three years and couldn't find what I was looking for. I really like FO so I would definitely remember him making this comment. He stuck around for a bit and didn't appear to be leaving so at the time I didn't think to follow up on it or want to pry into his affairs. I was definitely bothered by his comment.

He is a fantastic contributor to this community.

Some of you may be thinking of this from his profile info:

Biography:
    born with Spina Bifida - could walk until 1998 when tethered spine damage prevented walking.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

It was in the body of a post where I saw 1998.

If I recall, he was mad over the 'suicide' thread and the mods at the time not allowing it to be discussed. Times have changed with assisted suicide legal in Canada and some States.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I searched his latest posts and it looks like the next-to-last thread he participated in was indeed about suicide - he thought that some people seemed to be conflating end-of-life care with suicide, and he was worried that vulnerable members might confuse the two issues. There was another thread he posted on a day later about a second-grader pushed to the side in a classroom photo, but it looks like the suicide thread upset him a great deal. Not sure if that's why he quit posting, but the timeline ends in mid-June 2013.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

No the administrators don't know anyone's real identity unless they choose to share it. I do know that FO was very private but there was a member (I forget who) who visited him in real life when they went down to the keys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    No the administrators don't know anyone's real identity unless they choose to share it. I do know that FO was very private but there was a member (I forget who) who visited him in real life when they went down to the keys.
    I remember who that was. Maybe they could update us if they know anything. (Not gonna name drop, but if that person should feel compelled to reach out to him, that'd be great. Otherwise, gotta be content respecting both their privacy, I reckon.)
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus