Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Calling FoolishOld...

  1. #11
    Sounds like sad news.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  2. #12
    Got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, hope he checks in if able.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  3. #13
    If someone has the time to go back over his last couple years of posts, I'm positive you'll find the post where he says he got bad health news.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    2,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    If someone has the time to go back over his last couple years of posts, I'm positive you'll find the post where he says he got bad health news.

    Nope. Last post was mid-June 2013. Nothing about health in any of his 2013 posts, that I could find, assuming search is working and no threads are still missing from the 'upgrade' debacle. (FWIW, I can't find some posts of my own posts from pre-upgrade so I don't entirely trust the search index or that posts weren't lost.)

    edit: I think this is a good search, but maybe someone else knows better:

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/search....archid=5161832
    Last edited by Oddity; 09-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

  5. #15
    Senior Member tprewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OFallon, MO, USA
    Posts
    181
    If anyone knows FoolishOld's real name you can search for him on True People search.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Nope. Last post was mid-June 2013. Nothing about health in any of his 2013 posts, that I could find, assuming search is working and no threads are still missing from the 'upgrade' debacle. (FWIW, I can't find some posts of my own posts from pre-upgrade so I don't entirely trust the search index or that posts weren't lost.)

    edit: I think this is a good search, but maybe someone else knows better:

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/search....archid=5161832
    I'm not trying to be argumentative here but it might be in FoolishOld speak. He was a pretty sophisticated communicator so it could be just a hint in a thread not necessarily about his health but where he let out information that suggested he was battling something bigger than he had dealt with before. I know it's out there. I read most things FO wrote from 2010 on and wouldn't have just dreamed that up.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    2,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative here but it might be in FoolishOld speak. He was a pretty sophisticated communicator so it could be just a hint in a thread not necessarily about his health but where he let out information that suggested he was battling something bigger than he had dealt with before. I know it's out there. I read most things FO wrote from 2010 on and wouldn't have just dreamed that up.

    Not arguing. You could be right.

    I just didn't find it in any 2013 posts, which I spent an hour sifting through this morning over coffee (perhaps it was earlier?); although I was taken aback by just how many of his conversations I was a part of as well (as DaleB). I'm quite familiar with his writing style.

    Perhaps you'd have better luck. I linked the search, ordered by date, to make it easy for anyone else to double check my findings.

    Id really like to know, which is why I checked. He was a profoundly positive influence on me during the early stages of my SCI.

    If I missed something, then I sincerely hope someone else finds it and shares it.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

  8. #18
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    18,145
    I looked through quickly the other night and found a post from 1998 where he said he had a big medical issue to deal with.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  9. #19
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    2,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I looked through quickly the other night and found a post from 1998 where he said he had a big medical issue to deal with.
    His posts only seem to go back to June 2006, his join date. You sure you found one from 1998?! Nothing comes up now from that early.

    Here are his posts in date ascending order:

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/search....archid=5162880

    From his first post in 2006:

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Been lurking here for sometime, registered today. Thanks for all the great information
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

  10. #20
    The administrators must know his real name, they could do a quiet search but for privacy reasons probably wouldn't be able (or wish) to report back...don't know what else could be done, unless someone in the general population here knows his name and googles him.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Similar Threads

  1. Calling all Okies...
    By amarillogal in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •