Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling FoolishOld...

Calling FoolishOld...

...as much as I know how much you love your tree house near Key West I hope to God you've broken the habit of a life time and followed official advice and headed North!

If by some miracle you should happen to see this drop in and let us know how you are.

Blog Entries
    Amen.

I really hope he's doing well, and is safe during the storm.

(I've sent him a PM or 2, over the years, just to check in, but have never gotten a response. IIRC, he broke ties with this site after some particularly poor interactions with mods/admin (over a 'suicide' thread) and hasn't even logged in since. A shame, really, he was such a consistent voice of well tempered reason and intelligence around here for so long.)
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Think of Foolish old also. Always appreciated his keen mind and intelligence. Stay safe wherever you are FO.

Irma has done too much damage already for one storm, I'm hoping it goes further west and fizzles.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I tried to call him yesterday, I have a few other Floridians I was checking on too, and got no answer. His home phone gives the "disconnected" msg, and his cell gives the "can't be completed as dialed" msg. I'm hoping he gave up his landline and maybe cell service sucks wherever he may be. I just tried again now, same thing.

Stay safe F.O. wherever you are.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Thanks for the update McD.

That doesn't sound good.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I seem to recall a goodbye post that explained that he had some personal (health?) issues to tend to. I looked back through his posts but couldn't find it.

I tried e-mailing him with the e-mail address from his registration/profile here, and it bounced back as undeliverable. I fear the worst.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.