Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Irma'gerd

'Irma'gerd

I'm shocked that 4/5 people on my Facebook list from Florida chose to stay.

Anyone else new here from Florida? I hope you are safe wherever you decided to stay!

Quite worried for many. Impressed with how Florida was ready to evacuate the disabled and elderly though.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

How do you evacuate a whole state?
    I'd go to a hosp and just chill it thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    How do you evacuate a whole state?
    I'd go to a hosp and just chill it thru.
    1. Many of the hospitals in evacuation areas are closed.
    2. Unlikely you would be triaged for admission unless you had some acute illness that required admission. The hospitals open will be saving beds for those injured in the hurricane.
    3. Areas targeted for evacuation only; not the entire state.
    4. Ongoing problems with rescue services, evacuation centers and shelters not having wheelchair accessible accommodations: flights of steps to get in, no accessible bathroom facilities, cots or sleeping on mattresses on the floor.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

My cousins lives in Tampa and are staying.

I live in Ft Lauderdale. At first we were going to stay, but tues night we decided we were going to leave. There were zero flights open leaving Miami, Ft lauderdale or West Palm. We were able to get tickets leaving Orlando to Atlanta where my parents and my sister/her family live 3 miles apart. We left Thurs 7 am, but once on the rode we said screw it and just drove all the way. Normally is should take 10 hrs, it took us 18! Now the storm (as of now) has shifted west but will still be rough at home. My house already is without power so it would have been miserable if we stayed.
    - Rolling Thru Life -

roc21, you did what you had to do, and it was probably the best decision for you. For those souls who stayed to "ride it out," wishing them all the best and safety.

Today's forecasts are heads and shoulders above what was available during Hurricane Andrew... but forecasts have and will be wrong... do what you have to do to feel and be safe.

I live in the middle of Fl. I have a Jeep, 2 new chain saws, a big black plastic bag and a twelve pack. We're ready= the red neck way.

Most of my extended family lives near Tampa, so I was very worried until this morning, especially about flooding. They seemed to get thru okay - no loss of power, no flodding as of now.
    Apparently, my die hard Catholic mother used her magic rosary beads to keep Irma away from Tampa. I'm never going to hear the end of this!

Orlando here. I stayed, and I made it!
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Good to see people were fine! A few of the female members from Florida are on my facebook and faired fine.

It seemed to lose power after having her way with Cuba and the Keys.

Looks like Cuba's airport was destroyed!
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12