Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shower transfer bench advice - Medline/Guardian vs. Drive - durability?

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Reason this bench was recently discontinued and replaced with new item G98013A. Same thing pretty much you can order it on my website. I will provide you with the link below or you can call me at 480-704-3870
    https://www.indemedical.com/Medline-...ing_p_542.html

Yes, that is similar. But he needs one without the cut out. Just a plain bench. I know a lot of folks like the cut out, but it isn't good for him. I did look at your website actually! I am happy to support your company, and appreciate your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    I use a regular Active aid shower bench(padded, no cut outs). Been using it 10 years and no problems at all. I travel with it some too.
    Yeah, that it is a nice bench, but Activeaid stuff is so pricey! And I actually don't see that item on their website anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    My "BEST" bath chair was one from JCP Medical catalog, no joke! That was a padded sEat and back whicH lasted for like 15 years til padded seat covering started breaking down.
    Do not recommend Drive products, DME recommended a Drive Transfer bench, no padding just hard surfaces. Also recommended a closed cell seat cushion to set on which was small, hard to get onto and was worthless. The bench back tubing to seat/legs broke after about 2 years.
    Been though several different ones since then and none as good as first.
    I hope someone might know brand that JCP Medical sold in 1990's? I would like another one!

BTW: Invicare padded seat didn't last more than acouple years either. And was not real stable without cross bracinging on legs.

Thanks for your feedback. I would have bought the Drive if it wasn't for you guys posting. And I also wondered about Invacare...

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Reason this bench was recently discontinued and replaced with new item G98013A. Same thing pretty much you can order it on my website. I will provide you with the link below or you can call me at 480-704-3870
    https://www.indemedical.com/Medline-...ing_p_542.html
    Have you advertised your website in our Manuf & Vendor Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    Yeah, that it is a nice bench, but Activeaid stuff is so pricey! And I actually don't see that item on their website anymore....
    http://www.nuprodx.com/order3000.htm

Nuprodx is expensive, but they will last a lot longer than these other chairs, and they offer customization. Note on this page above the H4 custom solid (no commode cut out) seat.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hi Jim, I have posted a couple of threads in the vendor forum. Been a member of the forum for quite a while. Hih sorry for misunderstanding which medline bench you wanted. With respect to the non cut out medline bench. Unfortunately that bench has been discontinued.

Great nmireles, just wanted to make sure everyone knew about your website. There's a couple of SCI groups on Facebook you should post on also.