Thread: Driving?

Driving?

I'm a c6 c7 quadriplegic and want to get my driver license,cant anybody tell me the process?

I had to be re tested with the DMV
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Do you still have a valid driver's license or learner's permit? If not, you will have to apply for a learner's permit. Then get a referral to a good quality adaptive driving program. Most large rehab centers have these. They can evaluate you for needed equipment, and make recommendations for vehicle modification, then train you in their use. Depending on your state, you may or may not need to get re-licensed by taking your DMV tests and on-the-road check off again.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you still have a valid driver's license or learner's permit? If not, you will have to apply for a learner's permit. Then get a referral to a good quality adaptive driving program. Most large rehab centers have these. They can evaluate you for needed equipment, and make recommendations for vehicle modification, then train you in their use. Depending on your state, you may or may not need to get re-licensed by taking your DMV tests and on-the-road check off again.

(KLD)
    I don't have a license i surrendered them back in 1996. Thank's for the information....