Thread: 22 all silicone SP tube to 18 Duette?

22 all silicone SP tube to 18 Duette?

Has anyone successfully gone from a larger SP tube to a smaller one? I have bladder irritation issues and am thinking of switching to the Duette but they only come in 18. Will this cause any problems?
    ^^(A)^^

I went from a 22 fr to 18 fr Duette and it only took a couple weeks, maybe one before I was leaking less with it, than before. Also, my stoma has shrunk down to fit the catheter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I went from a 22 fr to 18 fr Duette and it only took a couple weeks, maybe one before I was leaking less with it, than before. Also, my stoma has shrunk down to fit the catheter.
    Leaking huh. So far I have not had any of that (knock on wood). Have you noticed any change in bladder irritation, more or less?
    ^^(A)^^

I was leaking beforehand from a spasm-y bladder. I began leaking less after using them and then hardly at all. I am guessing due to less irrigation. I am extremely thankful for the Duette.

I was leaking beforehand from a spasm-y bladder. I began leaking less after using them and then hardly at all. I am guessing due to less irrigation. I am extremely thankful for the Duette.
    Have you had any difficulty inserting the Duette catheter? Some on this forum have had difficulty...catheter too soft and pliable.

Occasionally the health nurse has to adjust the angle or wiggle it a little but not so much that I would call it a problem. I'll ask next Tuesday and see if the nurse has noticed anything that wasn't mentioned to me.

I just switched 1 week ago and so far no leaking. i have been using an all silicone 22 fr for 27 years and have a lesion in my bladder.
    ^^(A)^^

was the leakage substantial? was it enough to make the catheter fall out? I'm a 20 and want to try this catheter too. also, what path does the urine follow? the website is a little too technical for me
    "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

I understand the way it drains now but would still like to know the extent of your leakage, Scott..and do you have a SP?
    Last edited by jennypenny; 09-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    was the leakage substantial? was it enough to make the catheter fall out? I'm a 20 and want to try this catheter too. also, what path does the urine follow? the website is a little too technical for me
    Your catheter will not just fall out. You should have no problem going from a 20fr to an 18fr.