Thread: Braun Vangater 2 Troubles

Braun Vangater 2 Troubles

Please Help

Lift will not unfold after auto doors open, If I opens the doors and wait for five minute the lift cycles fine with no issues.

With the resent heat in the area I live, I haven't been able to get out because of the possibility of being cooked while waiting on the lift.

Took the Van to a mobility shop last spring and was told that I needed a new battery and they had found a loose ground wire that was tightened. Purchased a Interstate battery and still same issue.

After researching online it looks like I need to maybe locate and adjust the door limit switch, anyone have experience with this.

2005 E350 Ford Van

Thanks
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Hi Darin,

The Braun Vangater II can be a
    tough one to diagnose.

Your going to need to find a local guy who knows these really well.

If you can't find one, find a really good electrical guy (a Master Tech )

There are a lot of moving parts, micro switches, wires and never mind the computer boards.

Its funny (or not) we were talking about tough repairs earlier today and after more than 30 years the Braun Vangater II lift that make my top 5.

It had been worked on by one of the local mcdonalds shops 2-3 times.
    They threw part after part at it with no luck before we got our hands on it.

It ended up be a combination of several things.

Having all the old service manuals helps a lot too.

We still have all our old Crowriver, MobileTech, braun and ricon service books.
    We even still have Target lift manuals somewhere and i think we thew the last of our Target parts away recently (we haven't seen a Target Lift in about 10 years)

While it probably isn't a micro switch adjustment it wouldn't hurt to take a look at them and if they turn out to be suspect, replace them.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

On our Braun lift there are 4 controllers: one at dashboard, one on lift itself, one on a tether hooked at the side of the lift inside the van, and outside magnet controls at rear of van. Just wondering if you have the same and whether you have tried operating lift from all spots just to make sure they also don't deploy the lift quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    On our Braun lift there are 4 controllers: one at dashboard, one on lift itself, one on a tether hooked at the side of the lift inside the van, and outside magnet controls at rear of van. Just wondering if you have the same and whether you have tried operating lift from all spots just to make sure they also don't deploy the lift quickly.
    Yeah, I have three controllers that all operate same. Makes no difference from one control point to another, still have to wait 5 minutes for the lift to rest before it will cycle and un fold.

Currently the van would not be a good getaway vehicle.
    Last edited by Purple Haze; 09-10-2017 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Hi Darin,

The Braun Vangater II can be a
    tough one to diagnose.

Your going to need to find a local guy who knows these really well.

If you can't find one, find a really good electrical guy (a Master Tech )

There are a lot of moving parts, micro switches, wires and never mind the computer boards.

Its funny (or not) we were talking about tough repairs earlier today and after more than 30 years the Braun Vangater II lift that make my top 5.

It had been worked on by one of the local mcdonalds shops 2-3 times.
    They threw part after part at it with no luck before we got our hands on it.

It ended up be a combination of several things.

Having all the old service manuals helps a lot too.

We still have all our old Crowriver, MobileTech, braun and ricon service books.
    We even still have Target lift manuals somewhere and i think we thew the last of our Target parts away recently (we haven't seen a Target Lift in about 10 years)

While it probably isn't a micro switch adjustment it wouldn't hurt to take a look at them and if they turn out to be suspect, replace them.

Jim
    Pulled all the covers off today and started to diagnose, all checked out good per the braun trouble shooting guide till I got to the door limit switch check, not sure how to check the limits without removing the door opener from the van door. Can I bypass the door limits to rule that out, or ?

Cant find anything on the internet on the door openers, calling braun early next week and requesting set up docs.

Not into all the parts changes (mcdonalds shops), wish I could find a master tech that understands the braun vangater lift.

So far,
    Changed the wiring harness
    New interstate battery
    Diagnosed loose ground wire
    Started self diagnoses

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

So maybe it takes 5 minutes for your doors to fully open. They may look open but the little switches (if there are any) take extra time to set. Try pulling the doors further open once they are open and see what happens. Just a thought.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    So maybe it takes 5 minutes for your doors to fully open. They may look open but the little switches (if there are any) take extra time to set. Try pulling the doors further open once they are open and see what happens. Just a thought.
    Great idea but didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks