Thread: A way to write out mathematical equations?

A way to write out mathematical equations?

So I am looking studying and practising mathematics again. I have no hand function, and the finger/hand braces to hold a pen are not efficient enough? long story short. I do not use actual computers, as adaptive technology to utilize computers is really not that good; I'm not a computer person and I don't like it. However I do use my iPad every day, for writing I mostly use voice dictation but I can type just very slowly using the proximal knuckle of my pinky finger. However Microsoft Word and the apps like it do you not have the equation option when they are not used on the computer.

I have an iPad Pro, I can get an iPad pen? I was wondering if anyone knew of any good apps that will turn my scribbles into straight proper numbers, obviously I will need to be able to use all of the mathematic symbolisms\functions. Or if anyone had any other ideas.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Try this out. I don't see iPad support but I've used it in Chrome on a Mac and on a Chromebook. Very slick and uses the Google voice to text engine. Looks like you can use an iPad but I think it is a copy into Google Docs where you can utilize the extension in Chrome?

https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/equatio/

can you write out the equations using paint and a trackball? is there a reason why you could not speak out loud the equation into Dragon?

When I had to you right out of the equation. I use a sharpie pen wedged in between my fingers and lots of pieces of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    can you write out the equations using paint and a trackball? is there a reason why you could not speak out loud the equation into Dragon?

When I had to you right out of the equation. I use a sharpie pen wedged in between my fingers and lots of pieces of paper.
    My daughter uses sharpie pens to write too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post

It's too slow and inefficient

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Try this out. I don't see iPad support but I've used it in Chrome on a Mac and on a Chromebook. Very slick and uses the Google voice to text engine. Looks like you can use an iPad but I think it is a copy into Google Docs where you can utilize the extension in Chrome?

https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/equatio/
    sorry I'm not much of a tech guy, so I don't quite understand how I could use this program with an iPad?

T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

You need to pick up a program called Knowbrainer which can handle the mathematical equations. Here's the link to the forums where you can actually get it
    http://knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/...orum/index.cfm
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Some use TeX or LaTeX, I use groff | eqn.