Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Cable TV

Wi-Fi is 1.5. The Av guy in town agreed I would have buffering issues. Which I already do on my laptop.

Seems like I go thru this every couple years. When I saw the 55" and 65" the other day at the warehouse store I had to stop and gawk for an hour. Of course they all had the HD slow motion mountain scene playing. The only place I know to watch regular programming on this size is at a sports bar but they would surely have a better signal than I do.

It feels dumb but I think I'm gonna do it. Learned the tuner lesson with a 40" projector tv many yrs ago
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

FYI Anyone looking to use an antenna, don't by a Vizio. They do not have a built in TV tuner.

a lot of Vizio's have tuners, I have 3 with tuners.......all Vizio, great tv....

How old are your Vizios? All new ones come sans tuner.

unplugging from cable next month, and never looking back.
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Looking for new tv. Only have basic cable input...not HD. Does anyone watch basic cable with a newer 4k or OLED tv? Is there a difference between an old 1080p and a newer 4k set when using cable? Found an old 55" 1080 for $350...why spend more if there is no improvement in the picture quality?
    Dude, no way you should pay $350 for a used TV.

I bought a 40" 4k smart TV for $250 last year on black friday (or cyber monday or something), and that time of year is coming up again. You can get a faster, cheaper, higher resolution TV for less than they are asking for that old TV.

But with regard to your question about cable I have no idea, because for the past 10 years or so I've only ever watched TV that is streaming or downloaded, so I've had no use for a cable... actually I lived in an apartment that gave me free cable and I bought a cable and connected it to my TV, but never actually watched anything on it even though I intended to. it's so inconvenient.