Thread: hurricanne and flooding

hurricanne and flooding

I was in first last yr cat 1 we stayed as no one to go to shelter with and power cut before we knew it I am 19 feet in air want to get shutters this year but don/t have 8k right now

I do have a generator now that is electric start with propane

what do the rest of you do if we get another cat2 or stronger we are leaving

Do you "exercise" your generator? That is run it for a time very so often "Under a full expected load"? What is the rated load, what is your expected load? Will you have to shut down some of your indoor equipment? Does your double throw switch operate automatically? I am assuming you have a permanent installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
    Do you "exercise" your generator? That is run it for a time very so often "Under a full expected load"? What is the rated load, what is your expected load? Will you have to shut down some of your indoor equipment? Does your double throw switch operate automatically? I am assuming you have a permanent installation.
    this is my 4 th generator no this is portable 5500 it will not be as good as my standby that I had in ga that was whole house this not but it will run what I need no what I meant was as in going to shelters how many have been

I called earlier last yr and they really did not have answers I will sit out cat 1 but any higher color me gone

I've been flooded times in the last 12 years, once since SCI. We have river level monitors and I get moved to a place of safety once the river level reaches a certain height. We have flood wall around house and other flood defences but 12/2015 water over topped these and house was flooded to about 1 metre. We've got a 7.5kw generator for flood pumps and emergency equipment but mainly my bed. C3 complete so need to be dressed by 2 support workers before I can be evacuated. We tend to move me early to avoid having to get me out through water. Typically it takes about 8-9 months to rebuild the house.