Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ Lock

EZ Lock

I have a 2014 Toyota Sienna VMI with an EZ Lock on the front passenger side. The EZ Lock is bolted to a steel plate and the plate is bolted to the floor. Does anyone else have an EZ Lock installed like this?

Mine is a 2010 Honda Odessey with VMI conversion. EZ Lock mounted on a steel plate and bolted to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Mine is a 2010 Honda Odessey with VMI conversion. EZ Lock mounted on a steel plate and bolted to the floor.
    Thanks!

one reason they bolted my EZ lock on a plate was the bolts from the EZ lock would have hit a iron brace underneath, the plate allowed different bolt location. The plate also raised my docking system so my bolt on my chair could be higher and not such a hangup issue but not sure if that was a consideration at the time. Aloha Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    one reason they bolted my EZ lock on a plate was the bolts from the EZ lock would have hit a iron brace underneath, the plate allowed different bolt location. The plate also raised my docking system so my bolt on my chair could be higher and not such a hangup issue but not sure if that was a consideration at the time. Aloha Bruce
    Thanks for the input. Only problem I have is running over the tops of the bolts. They eat my tires up. I have a new wheelchair and trying to fix this problem to save my tires.

To save the tires have Button Head Hex bolts installed.

My 2010 Honda Odyssey has the EZ Lock tie down with steel plate and bolts and I have used my Invacare TDX-SP and now my Permobil m300, and I can't say that I perceive that the bolts have ruined my tires. What are you seeing on your tires that brings you to this conclusion?

It is hard to get a decent picture of my EZ Lock tie down, sun, shadows etc. But here are two pics that I hope will give you an idea of my installation. I just went out and got in the van and paid particular attention to the proximity of my tires to the bolt heads. The tires don't and neither to the casters come close to these bolts. I'm in a Permobil m300 (mid-wheel).
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here is another image that outlines the steel plate and highlights the bolt placement.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    It is hard to get a decent picture of my EZ Lock tie down, sun, shadows etc. But here are two pics that I hope will give you an idea of my installation. I just went out and got in the van and paid particular attention to the proximity of my tires to the bolt heads. The tires don't and neither to the casters come close to these bolts. I'm in a Permobil m300 (mid-wheel).
    Thanks for the info and pics. Our setups are pretty much the same. Might be a little difference in the width between the bolts but not to much. Although it does look like my plate is a lot closer to the firewall than yours. My front tires have no tread in the middle of them. When they watch me get into the EZ Lock they say I go over the bolts. It's probably my bad driving lol. I'm going to try and take a better angle and maybe I will miss the bolts. We did discuss the Button Head Hex bolts.

Just got home. I tried taking a better angle and it's pretty much impossible. To miss the right side bolts I went out as far as I could and my arm and joystick were up against the door panel.
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 08-29-2017 at 09:11 PM.