Thread: ROHO cushion crazy cover.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA

ROHO cushion crazy cover.

The VA just sent me a new ROHO Quadtro Select High Profile Cushion. When I opened the box and removed the cushion, a waterproof cushion cover without any corner space for the inflation valve and no slot for the ISOFLO Control fell out. I've used these wonderful cushions for 15 years and always received a UCFR1110 (pretty sure that's close) breathable cover with the slot and the four open corners.

When the Prosthetics department of the VA (they do cushions) contacted me about my wrong cover question, they also had a rep from ROHO on the phone. She told me and the person from the VA that they no longer send the breathable covers with cushions, only the waterproof (her term) cover. I had purchased one similar to this before and it was listed as water or moisture resistant. Something started to stink but my brother-in-law had left hours before.

I am questioning whether the so called ROHO Rep was actually an individual from the company who supplied the cushion to the VA. Then when the prosthetics rep asked about the breathable covers cost, she was told that it was $26 at the VA's price and thankfully ordered one for me.

Is this possibly another instance where a reputable company is purchased by another and everything, as we've unfortunately experienced way to often, goes to hell. Or is it just another case of a supply company trying to get over on the government and ROHO too for that matter.

I have a ROHO Quadtro less than a year old, that just recently started to lose air. I sent ROHO an email with the serial number and an explanation but they never bothered to reply. When that happened the last time, ROHO immediately sent me a new cushion and only requested I return the failing one.

Has anyone else received a crazy, waterproof cover with their new ROHO Cushion, instead of the normal breathable type?

Thanks.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 08-25-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

The specification page on the Permobil (Roho is owned by Permobil) website states, "Included: QUADTRO SELECT HIGH PROFILE Cushion, two-way stretch cover, hand inflation pump, repair kit, and operating instructions. Optional Heavy Duty cover available."

See this link: https://permobilus.com/product/roho-...ofile-cushion/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I got a Quatro a month ago from the VA and it came with the stretchy, cover with the 4 corner holes and the slot for the valve. So somethings rotten in the system. Its supposed to be easier to fire people now at the VA, so maybe they can also do stuff to the suppliers. Time to whistle blow! Write your congressman, senator. I'll PM you.

If you were ordered or sent something in error from your VA Prosthetics dept., you need to call them back, and ask that they correct the error. If you do not get action taken by that, suggest you contact your PVA NSO and ask that they follow up on a complaint and correction of the error.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

The QUADTRO SELECT Cushions comes standard with the 2-way stretch, breathable cover. The waterproof cover that you received is an option on the order. It is likely that the VA just made a mistake when creating the order (selected the wrong cover item), and when you questioned what you received they turned around the purchased the correct cover for you.

So it sounds like you have the cover you want now (or the VA has it ordered for you) - is that correct? Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with from the ROHO / Permobil end.

Thanks!

Tom Borcherding (tom.borcherding@permobil.com)