Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse

Eclipse

The Solar Eclipse is about 50% at this moment here on the West Coast. Looking a lot like sunset right now. Not sure what the big deal is....thousands driving to view points to watch it.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Got pretty dark here, with about 96 percent coverage. My cat was really freaking out.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Solar Eclipse - Did You See It?

Did you see the solar eclipse? Did you see it in totality?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    The Solar Eclipse is about 50% at this moment here on the West Coast. Looking a lot like sunset right now. Not sure what the big deal is....thousands driving to view points to watch it.
    Wow, in Olympia you should have had about a 95% eclipse at about 10:25 AM. Are you sure it was only 50% (perhaps you were looking too early)? My sister from Anacortes is camping in Idaho in an area where it should be 98%. Waiting to see her photos.

Here in San Diego we had a 58% at about 10:30 AM, but it was still very cool viewed with the special glasses. The clouds cleared up from our usual morning overcast just in time. Went to an eclipse brunch and viewing which was a great way to do the viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Did you see the solar eclipse? Did you see it in totality?
    Where are you? No location on your profile.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

The big deal is that there won't be another crossing North American until 2052! I'm 45 ... I won't be seeing the next. lol
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Actually, that is not the case. There will be another in 2024. https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/future/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I could have sworn I saw the end of the world approaching! Scary I tell you.

We had some fairly ideal overcast/clouds for great viewing with no glasses. Pretty neat seeing the moon travel over. I think we were around 85% coverage around here.

By the time I came online and posted it was more than 50%. Started to get a charlie horse in my neck so I gave my glasses to another. Kept waiting for it to go dark but it didn't get close. More like a couple weeks ago when the air was smokey from all the fires. Except it is a cloudless bluebird day. Surprised the temp dropped around 15 degrees for a half hour.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Andy, you crack me up. I love it. I always get a laugh from your quips and zingers.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Ha, I noticed the temperature drop also, lol. Pretty neat. I had a sheet of paper and binoculars to project the eclipse for when it was too bright, which worked, but the neatest was the clouds tempering the light for ideal viewing