Thread: Lemon water

Lemon water

I started drinking lemon water. Occasionally I will get sweaty afterwards. Is it from to much acid going through my bladder?

Could be if your bladder is especially sensitive to this (like those who have interstitial cystitis). Does this also occur with caffeine?

Why are you drinking lemon water? Hard on your tooth enamel as well.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Could be if your bladder is especially sensitive to this (like those who have interstitial cystitis). Does this also occur with caffeine?

Why are you drinking lemon water? Hard on your tooth enamel as well.

(KLD)
    I thought it was good for digestion. I always squeeze a little lemon in my water at restaurants and I never have any problems. So we got a water diffuser and did some lemon water. Of course it's a lot stronger than a little squeeze of lemon. It doesn't happen with caffeine.

With essential oils and pure lemon juice included. You will pee more often and generally more because the lemon does work at cleaning your bladder. I believe it is the reason I do not get bladder infections. I seldom wash before I Cath and reuse catheters with just wiping down the outside with a baby wipe. Now I do not recommended you do this until you know about you bodies reaction with the lemon. One of the easiest and more natural way to clean your bladder. Just please do not use the restaurant lemons. They have done tests on those and are sometimes more filthy than the bathroom. No one washes their hands to pick up those lemon slices.

How do you react to grapefruit juice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    How do you react to grapefruit juice?
    I haven't tried grapefruit. Maybe I will try the lemon water again but add more water.

Same thing happens to me. I can't even have a lemon wedge in the water. I always stay dry between caths but after drinking water with lemon I start leaking.

i buy lemon concertate i pour lemon in all my water it refreshes and mask the horrible taste of this water i miss my sweet well water

Before anyone tries grapefruit, be sure it doesn't interact with any of your medications.

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...and-medication
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Love Lemon Water. Just be good to your teeth. It strips enamel fast. I bought a reusable cup with straw just for it so I can bypass teeth.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi