Thread: Car Stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Car Stuff

Hive mind questions. Any tips on keeping a car free of black scuff marks, dirt and dings while pulling the chair in and out?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Its called Car Wrap Roll, can be used outside or inside of a car, there different material types. https://www.amazon.com/VVIVID-Black-...SHR1NA9GEXTAYZ
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

The Car Wrap looks like neat stuff. The primer is for permanent installation? The description is confusing to me..."Solvent-based, repositionable, permanent adhesive".
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by russianboss View Post
    Its called Car Wrap Roll, can be used outside or inside of a car, there different material types. https://www.amazon.com/VVIVID-Black-...SHR1NA9GEXTAYZ
    Have you used it on your car? Pictures?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

I tucked a piece of leather under the door sill to help protect the rocker panel from damage from my handrims. I just flip it inside once the chair is loaded.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Quote Originally Posted by rshadd View Post
    I tucked a piece of leather under the door sill to help protect the rocker panel from damage from my handrims. I just flip it inside once the chair is loaded.
    That's what I do too. What model vehicle is that?

I used clear 3m vinyl on the rocker panel of my ex's tahoe. You couldn't tell it was there and it kept it from getting chipped or scratched
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

When I bought a new car for the first time in my life, I went to an autoparts store and bought the plainest, rectangular low profile generic rubber floor mat which I use like the leather piece in rshadd's picture