Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to do first?

Er, gjnl actually asked a question to which he got a reply. If he isn't interested in the thread just don't bother revisiting it...

I would resume my tango lessons and dance in every milonga I could find.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Just trying to start a conversation. You can feel free to go be pissed of at the world in another thread if you would like.
    I'm not pissed at the world. I've been quadriplegic for 35 years. I had a successful career, am enjoying a fulfilling retirement, have a lovely home, best of all, a beautiful and caring wife of nearly 49 years, and dear friends and family. I'm a happy guy.

I should have been more precise in my question. My take on conversations like this is that they aren't forward looking, really aren't very positive. Looking back on what might have been, what could have been doesn't help us look forward and make every day we have better than the day before. Just my take. Sorry I didn't mean to rain on your thread or detract from replies.

Note to Ti: Thanks for you kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    LHB

gjnl has been a long time member of CareCure and he has a vault of knowledge on spinal cord injuries and their secondary complications. Its comments like yours that are uncalled for and against the rules for posting on CareCure; no personal character attacks.

gjnl spends a lot of time writing his professional answers to questions people post. He could be spending time with his family or doing other things with his time but instead he helps people here at CareCure. Several weeks ago someone attack him and piped in and asked him to return to CareCare because of his wealth of knowledge that he has acquired over the years. We don't want to loose people like him because of a smart ass comment.

This is the best web site on the Internet about spinal cord injuries and it is global. Don't piss off other member by immature comments. You asked a question. He gave you an answer. If you don't like it. Live with it. Don't attack other CareCure members because there are other people in this forum that have a wealth of knowledge and we don't want to loose them. Everyday someone sustains a spinal cord injury and they are seeking answers. This is the place to find them.

If I were you I would delete your comment or asked the moderator to remove it.

It's bad enough that we live with a spinal cord injury/disease let alone to be attacked on this forum. Grow up and exercise some responsibility by respecting the comments of others.
    '

Ti
    Ti,
    I didn't attack anyones character. If the moderator feels it should be removed then they should remove it but I'm not deleting a damn thing. He asked a question and he got an answer. I did not attack anyone. If that hurt his feelings enough to quit care cure, then just....wow. You are correct he is very knowledgeable. I have read many things they have written and learned from them. I have been around care cure for almost ten years.

Somebody attacked some one's character "Grow up and exercise some responsibility by respecting the comments of others." but it wasn't me or gjnl!
    I will wait for an apology lol!

LB

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I'm not pissed at the world. I've been quadriplegic for 35 years. I had a successful career, am enjoying a fulfilling retirement, have a lovely home, best of all, a beautiful and caring wife of nearly 49 years, and dear friends and family. I'm a happy guy.

I should have been more precise in my question. My take on conversations like this is that they aren't forward looking, really aren't very positive. Looking back on what might have been, what could have been doesn't help us look forward and make every day we have better than the day before. Just my take. Sorry I didn't mean to rain on your thread or detract from replies.

Note to Ti: Thanks for you kind words.
    No problem. Congrats on your career, family an life, I wish you all the best. I was injured 10 years ago and even though I don't have a wonderful wife like yours. I to have a wonderful family, friends and career. Which i have started two companies as a quad. Thank you for what you have done for the SCI community. Not looking for a pat on the back just saying you or no one else knows how much money I contribute to the SCI community. Having said that the reason I asked the question is because I had a dream last night about it and was curious what everyone would do. Not trying trying to cure or forward the SCI community with this thread I just wanted to have a conversation about it.

Thank you again for what you do and have done for carecure.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    No problem. Congrats on your career, family an life, I wish you all the best. I was injured 10 years ago and even though I don't have a wonderful wife like yours. I to have a wonderful family, friends and career. Which i have started two companies as a quad. Thank you for what you have done for the SCI community. Not looking for a pat on the back just saying you or no one else knows how much money I contribute to the SCI community. Having said that the reason I asked the question is because I had a dream last night about it and was curious what everyone would do. Not trying trying to cure or forward the SCI community with this thread I just wanted to have a conversation about it.

Thank you again for what you do and have done for carecure.

Enjoy the conversation. Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post

Enjoy the conversation. Have a great weekend.
    Yes Sir, you do the same.

Just like family

I miss hiking in nature.

Get my boat back...and go salmon fishing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Get my boat back...and go salmon fishing.
    Would love to go back to the gulf stream and hear that reel sing!