Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please identify this van wheelchair lift

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I hate that fuse box.
    Is it a fuse box or a module for the SRS? I know on the Fords it is. Ricon makes a 6 way seat base with a cutout for that. But I'm not sure if it'll work on the Chevy.

airbag black box in mine I think.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Yes I did. I priced the whole system though. All you can do is call or go to a dealer and see what they want for what you want. I have seen stuff on craig list also that was used. Dealer have used stuff too. You just have to look around if you are not rich.
    10k is the quote for just the lift, no closer, no seat, no hand controls. This does not include a second battery either. Why do some install a second battery?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Why do some install a second battery?
    So they can charge you more. Not necessary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    So they can charge you more. Not necessary though.
    no 2nd battery here.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Why do some install a second battery?
    I have a 2nd battery and it has come in handy many times. But, it primarily is a way to avoid jump starts. In my prior vehicle, it was purely a backup, with a switch to engage it. In my current vehicle, it runs the lift. If the starter battery is dead, but you are inside the vehicle, you can still exit (unassisted) if you have a 2nd battery. If it is configured properly, and your main battery dies, you can still get in, start the van and get to a shop to replace the battery, all without assistance. Also, before remote starts, it took a big load off the main battery (I still rarely start my vehicle until I'm in the driver's chair, and likewise shut it off before I transfer). I think remote starts/stops, and roadside assistance (or portable jumper batteries) largely has made the 2nd battery less needed.
    C-6/7 incomplete

I always remote start my van before getting in them, for a couple reasons: The main one being not like going through all the motions of transferring only to have the van not start. And since most of my trips are short, the van can reach operating temperature, and recharge the battery. The lift works faster with the extra volts, too.

I'm just doing my homework so that when I talk to the mobility people I am somewhat knowledgeable. Since my 2016 Express van has a sliding door there has been some interest that a lift may not be possible. And sure enough it is difficult to find examples, but one did appear. Please tell me this is not a photoshop. What brand lift is this? I want to check it out with the manufacturer.

There are lifts to fit your van.

The problem for me would be to find a door opener that i liked.

fwiw: Thats my choice of a lift.

its probably one of the most reliable lifts available.

Feel free to call if you have questions about lifts.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

I hate that fuse box.

me too its a pia

jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

10k is the quote for just the lift, no closer, no seat, no hand controls. This does not include a second battery either. Why do some install a second battery?

The second battery will let you get into the van if theres a problem with the primary.

All vans draw a little bit of power even when there just sitting there, same goes for the lifts.

If its on the main battery your draw is now more, when its split between the 2 things are a little better.

Also newer lifts are more finicky now that they have computers (computers are cool buy imho have no business being on a lift)

A low voltage spike will cause the lift to go very goofy things.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA