Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please identify this van wheelchair lift

Please identify this van wheelchair lift

I'm just doing my homework so that when I talk to the mobility people I am somewhat knowledgeable. Since my 2016 Express van has a sliding door there has been some interest that a lift may not be possible. And sure enough it is difficult to find examples, but one did appear. Please tell me this is not a photoshop. What brand lift is this? I want to check it out with the manufacturer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The lift is a ricon. I have had these on several vans. still have my 1995 van. they also have a door opener for these. Bad news the newer ones have a fuse block under the drives seat. I thing B&D make a seat base for these. the problem is you loose height because of this. If you use a roho to sit on make sure you can see outa the windshield. The ricon lift in the picture is a split one. I hate those they rattle to much when folded. You can buy a new chevy full size and make it wheelchair van. The one pictured is a 1 ton I believe. That lift is good up to 800 lbs.
    Last edited by Art454; 08-17-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Art

Answering my own question, it looks like a Ricon. When I looked at the Ricon spec sheets their applications stop at year 2004 for Express vans. And the above picture could be a 2004. But what's a different year make unless the weight messes with the computer, abs, stabiltrak. I don't understand the issue.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    The lift is a ricon. I have had these on several vans. still have my 1995 van. they also have a door opener for these. Bad news the newer ones have a fuse block under the drives seat. I thing B&D make a seat base for these. the problem is you loose height because of this. If you use a roho to sit on make sure you can see outa the windshield. The ricon lift in the picture is a split one. I hate those they rattle to much when folded.
    I might just try the 240 dollar swivel first and if that works. My current method to get in the van is transferring to the floor and then butt bumping to the bath chair and raising to the drivers seat for the final transfer. That last transfer because of location is not easy, none of it is easy anymore.

The fuse block sits under the stock seat and can't be moved. Why you need a special transfer sear base with cutout for the fuse box. They started that in 2003 I believe is why I bought a 2003 ford back then.
    Art

That's bad on the shoulder what you are doing now. I think you can have a transfer seat put in for about 2,500. They still make em for the new chevy vans last time I asked in 2016
    The whole works. Ricon lift sliding door unless factory make one for it now and the transfer seat.
    Art

I guess you could try a swivel seat to. I never just seen the swivel as you need the seat to come back. All my 1995 van is a transfer seat that goes back and forth and up and down. Doubt they make just that anymore. All I have seen is the 6 way power transfer seat of late.
    Art

The fuse block sits under the stock seat and can't be moved. Why you need a special transfer sear base with cutout for the fuse box. They started that in 2003 I believe is why I bought a 2003 ford back then.
    I hate that fuse box.

That's bad on the shoulder what you are doing now. I think you can have a transfer seat put in for about 2,500. They still make em for the new chevy vans last time I asked in 2016
    The whole works. Ricon lift sliding door unless factory make one for it now and the transfer seat.
    Did you check on the Ricon lift in 2016? 2,500 would be a good price for the transfer seat. I can't believe I'm saying that.

Yes I did. I priced the whole system though. All you can do is call or go to a dealer and see what they want for what you want. I have seen stuff on craig list also that was used. Dealer have used stuff too. You just have to look around if you are not rich.
    Art