Thread: black screen

black screen

im on windows 7 and every now and then the screen just goes black and i can see the windows 7 logo barely in the background i shut comp off turn back on and its fine but can be a pain when watching or surfing the net any ideas why its doing this
    Last edited by t8burst; 08-25-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Is the monitor plugged in properly?

Has the screen been dimmed, because Windows has no other power management?

Note that HDMI can not be hot plugged, yet they lack any locking mechanism!

DVI-D and DP are better engineered.

Where I work have had Macs with the black screen of darkness. Was WinVidia that got hot and desoldered itself. Go for the integrated Intel solution. Buring a tea light on the WinVidia has been reflow the solder and fix them sometimes.

wheelin 48,
    As zagam suggested, the events that you describe are likely not a Microsoft Windows 7 issue. Windows 7 is used here and the described event has never been observed here.

i dont know i havent changed any settings it just occasionally does it

is this a laptop? Check the power saving setup for the monitor. there's a setting that will dim the screen after so long. sometimes they don't wake up when mouse is moved.
    had rhe same problem after one of the up dates.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzootiger View Post
    is this a laptop? Check the power saving setup for the monitor. there's a setting that will dim the screen after so long. sometimes they don't wake up when mouse is moved.
    had rhe same problem after one of the up dates.

yes its a laptop i gonna double check the power settings