Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Milking it for all it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    The basketball team I played for, years ago, was markedly divided between these 2 populations.
    On a side note: Kudo's to you! I sucked at basketball pre-SCI, and tried winging a basketball out in our impromptu court at work a few times post-SCI, and sucked even worse. No idea how you guys do that...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It seems the City had enough sense to not operate as a self-insured entity in regards to the airport, seems AIG will be paying this jackpot taking some of the sting out of it for the rest of us:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-...bout-her-legs/

Jurors giving the plaintiff hugs after the trial, now there is a sign that this award was rationally formulated. I am sure that a 24 year old member of a dance troupe enrolled at a 2 year college had some serious loss of income potential due to her injury and this was reflected in the award amount.

Ok, enough expressing my bewilderment regarding this. Yes, it sucks for her, but still, holy shit...what a jackpot!

Remember paras: Being pushed by family members can generate added sympathy

Whoa! Talk about hitting the Cripple Lotto! Wow. Uh oh...I'm starting feel like a victim and resent other people because I didn't get $148,000,000!!!! Guess it's time to go register as a Democrat.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    On a side note: Kudo's to you! I sucked at basketball pre-SCI, and tried winging a basketball out in our impromptu court at work a few times post-SCI, and sucked even worse. No idea how you guys do that...
    I gave up after 3-4 years. Turned 40, realized that I both couldn't keep up with the young guys and that I just didn't have that much left to prove. It was rough. The final straw was when a guy reached down, grabbed my caster barrel, and flipped me over because I had picked him out like 5 times in a row.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

$22 million is not enough.

Why not more?

When a Cleveland Clinic doctor opens the office door and says to you, "There is nothing I can do for you!" Then as I was leaving the office he says to my back, "You need to see pain management." I then get a bill for $700 for consultation fee and $76 for office visit. $776 for 14 words for pain in the shoulder and that was his professional opinion.

Remember that famous quote:

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Why not more?

When a Cleveland Clinic doctor opens the office door and says to you, "There is nothing I can do for you!" Then as I was leaving the office he says to my back, "You need to see pain management." I then get a bill for $700 for consultation fee and $76 for office visit. $776 for 14 words for pain in the shoulder and that was his professional opinion.

Ti
    That is amazing. But lately, not surprising. I guess she can go to one of these scam artists every day of the month now and still have around $175,000 left over in the monthly budget.

The part in which I feel badly for her is this: She will always wonder if people are friends or dating her just BECAUSE OF THE MONEY. This happened to my friend Sue.

Like traffic tickets in some states, perhaps a percentage to be appointed by a judge should be donated to research with the best team winning the funds, according to the victim.

Then we all benefit.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-25-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    The part in which I feel badly for her is this: She will always wonder if people are friends or dating her just BECAUSE OF THE MONEY. This happened to my friend Sue.

I'll tell you, I have this old junky Ford I use for salt season, and I'm sure that new Porsche she'll be rolling in might has issues stopping in time before plowing into the back of it, causing me neck issues and untold levels of distress.

That's the trouble when creating a media blitz to generate attention, then holding a press conference with your lawyer's name/logo as a backdrop to discuss your success...it attracts characters as unsavory as those you surround yourself with

(just a theory of course, lol)

Blog Entries
    I'd marry her for the money. (Psssst...If you're a member...PM me. I'm smart, funny, and according to lynnifer I'm "enlightened". Can't go wrong with a stud like me!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I'd marry her for the money. (Psssst...If you're a member...PM me. I'm smart, funny, and according to lynnifer I'm "enlightened". Can't go wrong with a stud like me!! )
    What if basketball skills are a deal breaker?

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12