Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Dreams

  1. #11
    Do you take any meds for pain, sleep or depression?

  2. #12
    Not remembering dreams is not the same as not dreaming. Dreaming occurs during REM sleep, and if you don't have any REM sleep at all (something that can be caused by medications or too brief of a time of sleeping before awakening) delirium or even acute psychosis can occur within just as little as a week.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  3. #13
    Scott, is your father still living? We typically assume that dream figures who look like others represent aspects of ourselves, but the reverse can also be true - sometimes when we dream about ourselves, the dream is referring to a figure in our lives with whom we share(d) a bond, whether through family relationship or personal issues. I'm wondering if your father might have had attitudes or experiences that resonate in your own life at this time...maybe regrets, some kind of sadness or feeling of disappointment? If your father is alive, you might be able to ask him about it; if he's not, the dream might still carry a message about some quality or life experience of his that pertains to your life, as well.

    As Freud famously said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But recurring dreams, especially ones with lingering emotional residuals, tend to mean something more. Just a thought.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  4. #14
    Carl Jung was the father of dream analysis. Interesting concept, widely used by classically trained Jungian psychotherapists, but there is a lot of controversy about this, and many psychologists, neuroscientists, and psychiatrists say it is so much hooey. If you want to entertain yourself with such "analysis" and supposed symbolism, just Goggle "dream analysis" or "dream interpretation" and you will find a lot of sites that supposedly will let you interpret your own dreams.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  5. #15
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    18,235
    I dreamed last night that I escaped a serial killer - in my wheelchair! He was morbidly obese though so even match I guess. lol His mother helped me escape??? Two others escaped but one was reclaimed.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Scott, is your father still living? We typically assume that dream figures who look like others represent aspects of ourselves, but the reverse can also be true - sometimes when we dream about ourselves, the dream is referring to a figure in our lives with whom we share(d) a bond, whether through family relationship or personal issues. I'm wondering if your father might have had attitudes or experiences that resonate in your own life at this time...maybe regrets, some kind of sadness or feeling of disappointment? If your father is alive, you might be able to ask him about it; if he's not, the dream might still carry a message about some quality or life experience of his that pertains to your life, as well.

    As Freud famously said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But recurring dreams, especially ones with lingering emotional residuals, tend to mean something more. Just a thought.
    My dad is still alive and lives only 10 minutes away. We talk about 3-5 times a week. Were pretty close (though I'm closer to my mom due to their divorce when I was about 2). I can see where you're going there, but it (the dream) feels like a personal loss. Either the loss of my youth after my injury or the loss of a normal adult life (marriage and children). I've yet to have the same dream a third time. If it does return, I'll delve deeper into its psychological meaning... if any exists.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    My dad is still alive and lives only 10 minutes away. We talk about 3-5 times a week. Were pretty close (though I'm closer to my mom due to their divorce when I was about 2). I can see where you're going there, but it (the dream) feels like a personal loss. Either the loss of my youth after my injury or the loss of a normal adult life (marriage and children). I've yet to have the same dream a third time. If it does return, I'll delve deeper into its psychological meaning... if any exists.
    Loss of your youth makes a lot of sense. One thing's for sure - we're all the best judge of our own dreams. Sometimes the most striking ones don't seem to correlate to anything in day-to-day life (thank heaven).
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, FL USA
    Posts
    1,549
    Have remembered the tail end of the dream as I wake and know that it was not a good dream.

    Taking or not taking pain meds makes no difference, it's been 35 years and beginning to no medications.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Have remembered the tail end of the dream as I wake and know that it was not a good dream.

    Taking or not taking pain meds makes no difference, it's been 35 years and beginning to no medications.
    Hmm, I dunno. Ever indulge in something like marijuana? I'm not recommending it, but maybe it would give you a dream to remember. lol

    I had been watching Game of Thrones and designing a decorative sword for several days and the other night I dreamt that I was riding atop a dragon. It was wild and fun.
    So far, no more baby dreams. Perhaps it meant nothing.

  10. #20
    I dream all the time but last night was a little bizarre. I dreamt that I had a dream about a pool and remembering a friend that recently passed (no doubt cause of the 9/11 memorial i saw on tv) and one of the other two people in the dream had also recently passed .. but the dream was about telling a friend of mine about the dream and he was pissed because he wasn't in the dream....essentially I had a dream about telling someone about a dream I had and he didn't like it that he wasn't in it. This happened last night and was reading this so i thought i would share.

Similar Threads

  1. Dreams
    By soonerborn in forum Life
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 01:28 PM
  2. Dreams
    By dmbaer in forum Life
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
  3. Can you pee normally in your dreams?
    By mattblan in forum Life
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:45 PM
  4. Dreams
    By Raven in forum Life
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 09:56 PM
  5. Dreams
    By mk99 in forum Life
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •