Thread: Items for Sale in PA: Power chair, hospital bed, hoyer lift, folding ramp...

Items for Sale in PA: Power chair, hospital bed, hoyer lift, folding ramp...

Hi everyone,

My brother, who was a C5/6 quadriplegic, passed away from pneumonia in January of this past year. I have no idea what kind of interest or use people on these forums could have for his mobility equipment, but there are several items in my parents' house, and I think getting them off to new homes is both the right thing to do and a step forward in helping our family with the tremendous grief we are still experiencing after this loss.

Is there anyone out there in need of these items? He was very small (5'3" if he was lucky, he was about 105 lbs when he passed away), so his chair could be better suited for a female or child.

Also, we have a chair lift, an outside metal ramp, rolling tables, a super long straw that was fairly expensive and someone may be able to use, the kind of silverware with loops on it that he used to be able to eat by himself, and probably other things too. We are in the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania. If anyone in the PA/Jersey area is in need of these things, please let me know.

So sorry for your family's loss.

You will generate more interest in this equipment if you include brand and model information, size information, and/or photographs.

You may also want to consider donation of some of the equipment. A local rehabilitation center may be interested, and organizations such as the local chapter of the National MS Society may maintain equipment loan programs that could use some of these items.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.