Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which probiotics does everyone prefer

??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I am going to leave this for others out there.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Whatever's on sale at Costco.

My dad's doctors used to recommend Align or Florastor, since those had clinical evidence supporting them from clinical studies/trials. But they were so pricey....

I tried probiotic pills. They were expensive and didn't work well. I now make my own kefir (milk and water) with great results. It's easy to make, far less expensive, and more nutritional. Best part is that it is natural food.

I use Pearls.

Please advise how you make it? Where do you get the kefir grains from?

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    Please advise how you make it? Where do you get the kefir grains from?
    There are two variations available, keifr powder and kefir grains. The powder is simpler but the grains are better (taste and contains more probiotics).

The powder can be bought at a health food store. You add it to milk and you'll have kefir the next day. Then the next batch is made by adding a teaspoon of the kefir you just made to more fresh milk. You won't need the powder again (unless you stop making the kefir and have to start over).

The grains take more work. You add the culture to milk and you'll have kefir the next day (same as above). But here's where the two differ. You filter the kefir grains with a strainer and add them to the next batch of milk. If you don't make kefir everyday, then you'll have to store the grains in some milk in the fridge. Not much more work. But better. You can get the grains on Ebay.

I really appreciate your help. I think I will try the grains.

Raw probiotics by Garden of life. I've had a very positive response using them for years

These here are the ones that I have used for a couple years:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1