Thread: matrix-pb elite problem

matrix-pb elite problem

I have a matrix hard back. The top of the back "folds" over at the top, covering the hard shell. The padded upper part of the back is not staying "stuck" to the gluey velcro stuff at the top causing the padded part to slip downward on the solid part. Thus the hard part is partially exposed, not good. Am I clear as mud? Anyone else have this problem...solutions?
    Last edited by Lynne; 08-11-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarification of problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I have a matrix hard back. The top of the back "folds" over at the top, covering the hard shell. The padded upper part of the back is not staying "stuck" to the gluey velcro stuff at the top causing the padded part to slip downward on the solid part. Thus the hard part is partially exposed, not good. Am I clear as mud? Anyone else have this problem...solutions?
    Yes, I have a Matrix PB Elite back as well and the same problem. What I found was that there was Velcro on the inside of the hard shell (at the top where it is supposed to fold) that had worn out glue. There is additional velcro on the back of the back (outside of the back) that had worn out glue, too. It's also possible that the stitching on the cover (that stitches on the Velcro strips) has somehow been compromised, and you may need to find someone with sewing skills (or attempt to glue it fabric-to-fabric) to get that back in place.

I tried E6000 glue to redo the Velcro pieces that are on the hard back but I was not successful. Not sure if it was because I was in a real big hurry, or if E6000 just isn't made to help fabric bond to that type of plastic, but just an FYI. I'm attempting to carve out time now to properly clean the hard plastic and then properly clamp it for a period of time to see if that helps...or I will just completely remove the old Velcro hook sides (the part on the plastic) and replace it with newer Velcro with fresh sticky stuff.... just have to find the time to do it. In the meantime, I was able to put on a spare Matrix PB elite, so I was lucky that way (my other backup backs are not that comfortable).

Disclaimer: There are chair parts all over my house, and I do many of my own repairs, McGyvering when necessary.

Wow! Thanks, Mystery. I thought surely SOMEBODY had had this problem and would respond. I'd be interested in whether you solve this problem and HOW you do it. I have only the one back; really like it but this problem is a real "downer". Seems like new velcro stuff would have to be better than what one can get from like Walmart, or something. Do they have "industrial" strength sticky velcro? You'd think the company would have a better way of fastening this cushioned back to the shell.