Thread: This Magical-Sounding Nanochip Can Heal Wounds With A Single Touch

This Magical-Sounding Nanochip Can Heal Wounds With A Single Touch

Created by The Ohio State University, the technology is known as Tissue Nanotransfection (THT). It involves using a nanotechnology-based chip and placing it on the skin of a patient. It can convert an adult cell from one type to another, simply by ?zapping? the device with a small electrical charge. The procedure is non-invasive. The findings are published in the journal Nature Nanotechnology.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...-single-touch/
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Wow pretty amazing!!!

I need that. Like now.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Can it cure Spinal injuries too?

Reprogramming cells with a nanochip, electricity and DNA to help the body to heal itself
    August 9, 2017
    / Todd Dubnicoff

The axolotl, a member of the salamander family, has amazing regenerative abilities. You can cut off its limbs or crush its spinal cord and it will repair itself with no scarring. A human?s healing powers, of course, are much more limited.

To get around this unfortunate fact, the field of regenerative medicine aims to develop stem cell-based therapies that provide the body with that extra oomph of regenerative ability to rid itself of disease or injury. But most of the current approaches in development rely on complex and expensive manufacturing processes in clinical labs before the cells can be safely transplanted in a patient?s body. Wouldn?t it be nice if we could just give the cells already in our bodies some sort of spark to allow them to repair other diseased or damaged cells?

Continues on at https://blog.cirm.ca.gov/2017/08/09/...o-heal-itself/
    Promising tech...

Received a email reply to my query on whether SCI testing has been done:

It is with heartfelt thanks that I address your email and interest in our recent medical breakthrough of Tissue Nanotransfection. The possibilities are many and we will tirelessly work to advance this scientific breakthrough to impact patient care.Believe me when I say that I understand what you and your loved one are enduring.

Our research team is committed to identifying steps to move this life-saving technology forward to benefit humankind. It is achievable, and this is just the beginning.

At this time, we regretfully cannot do any human testing. We are preparing to seek approval for use in humans. Depending on the inclusion and exclusion criteria, should your case be a good fit we will reach out to you.

Please continue to follow the TNT technology and other important medical discoveries at regenerativemedicine.osu.edu.

Sincerely,

Brent Toto, MHA
    Program Director
    Office of Health Sciences
    Center for Regenerative Medicine and Cell Based Therapies393 Biomedical Research Tower, 460 W. 12th Ave., Columbus, OH 43210

Last edited by Pauly1; 09-15-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Good stuff

Make it so; beam me up Scotty.

Most sci are mechanical injuries so it figures that a mechanical or electrical solution will b e the answer. The sooner the better cause I hate this sh t.

I wonder if Fortuna Fix' drNPC's being investigated for SCI treatment is using the same mechanism as Nanochip for cell reprogramming?

http://fortunafix.com/science/drnpc/

drNPCTM are the world’s first directly reprogrammed neural stem cells, also known as directly reprogrammed neural precursor cells (drNPC), that are made from reprogramming somatic cells which are the everyday cells that make up our body. The technology is akin to replacing the software of a cell (which is the hardware). This allows skin cells or blood cells, for example, to be reprogrammed into neural precursor cells. Neural precursor cells have the unique ability to specifically become neurons, oligodendrocytes and astrocytes, the basic building blocks of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord).