Thread: ROHO cushion covers bunching?

ROHO cushion covers bunching?

Going off of zagam's points about avoiding sheering, does anyone have any problems with ROHO cushion covers bunching up and cutting? Sorry so graphic ? I sustained some crazy wound about a week ago, where it seems like the top layer of skin sliced off. Could not figure out how it happened, is the disturbing part.

After healing for a couple days, I got up for less than 2 hours to eat, exercise arms, and recline watching Game of Thrones. Discomfort started only when I reclined. Back in bed my wife said the general area was improved but that a cut had reopened.

Now I've got religion and am on serious bed rest. I guess the reinjury is no mystery, but the initial injury baffles. We moisturize, use a Hoyer and try to be careful about sheer. When the time comes, how do I avoid reinjury when I don't know what caused it in the first place? My DME provider knows of no ROHO bunching issue.

Thanks.

Hi Spitzbub,

The bunching of our current cover top material would be a new issue for me as well, and I have a long history of working for ROHO. Can you send me a picture of the cover in question? Do you know the age of that cover?
    Contact me directly (tom.borcherding@permobil.com) and we'll figure out where to go with this.

Thanks!

Tom

To the clear, the bunching issue was a possibility we were looking at. Tom at Permobil has been very helpful and attentive in dealing with this.

Could it be that your Roho cushion is not adequately inflated? Could cause bunching...but even then, I'd be suspect of the cover causing a problem. Could it be the problem you are experiencing is from under inflation, bottoming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzbub View Post
    Going off of zagam's points about avoiding sheering, does anyone have any problems with ROHO cushion covers bunching up and cutting? Sorry so graphic ? I sustained some crazy wound about a week ago, where it seems like the top layer of skin sliced off. Could not figure out how it happened, is the disturbing part.

After healing for a couple days, I got up for less than 2 hours to eat, exercise arms, and recline watching Game of Thrones. Discomfort started only when I reclined. Back in bed my wife said the general area was improved but that a cut had reopened.

Now I've got religion and am on serious bed rest. I guess the reinjury is no mystery, but the initial injury baffles. We moisturize, use a Hoyer and try to be careful about sheer. When the time comes, how do I avoid reinjury when I don't know what caused it in the first place? My DME provider knows of no ROHO bunching issue.

Thanks.
    I don't think its the cover at all. Its the cells that pinch your skin when you sit on it. I noticed it does it if I sit on it with bare skin. You need to wear pants when you sit on the roho to help this as I found out. Did not use to bother my skin but does now as am older and could also be medicine your on can make your skin more sensitive.
    Art

I've had one similar top layer of skin removed, my ischials are easily damaged and I usually have a tegaderm dressing on them, one bunched overnight, we didn't replace as I was going into the shower. Came out, dried then rolled and skin was damaged on that ischial. We put it down to using a mesh sling and me sliding in that. It hasn't happened again but the ischial are always covered with a dressing when showering.