Thread: ROHO cushion covers bunching?

ROHO cushion covers bunching?

Going off of zagam's points about avoiding sheering, does anyone have any problems with ROHO cushion covers bunching up and cutting? Sorry so graphic ? I sustained some crazy wound about a week ago, where it seems like the top layer of skin sliced off. Could not figure out how it happened, is the disturbing part.

After healing for a couple days, I got up for less than 2 hours to eat, exercise arms, and recline watching Game of Thrones. Discomfort started only when I reclined. Back in bed my wife said the general area was improved but that a cut had reopened.

Now I've got religion and am on serious bed rest. I guess the reinjury is no mystery, but the initial injury baffles. We moisturize, use a Hoyer and try to be careful about sheer. When the time comes, how do I avoid reinjury when I don't know what caused it in the first place? My DME provider knows of no ROHO bunching issue.

Thanks.

Hi Spitzbub,

The bunching of our current cover top material would be a new issue for me as well, and I have a long history of working for ROHO. Can you send me a picture of the cover in question? Do you know the age of that cover?
    Contact me directly (tom.borcherding@permobil.com) and we'll figure out where to go with this.

Thanks!

Tom