Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External Hemorrhoids question

Hemorrhoids may need surgical treatment if 1) they are bleeding significantly between bowel care, or 2) they are causing significant problems with autonomic dysreflexia (AD).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

You would think that, with so many people being affected by hemorrhoids, they would have addressed them a little more. Thats for able bodied people as well as the disabled. Maybe some day they will come up with a better alternative other than surgery. Oh well.............
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    You would think that, with so many people being affected by hemorrhoids, they would have addressed them a little more. Thats for able bodied people as well as the disabled. Maybe some day they will come up with a better alternative other than surgery. Oh well.............
    I had major issues ..... got banded all the time ..was temp fix ..then externals got bad enough for surgery ..after surgery did bowel routine in bed for awhile so healing would be easier .... continued doing routine in bed 3yrs now and no problems since no commode chair

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Would you post a link or picture of the product you use?

Iechid da!.

Quote Originally Posted by brython2 View Post
    Virgin Coconut Oil seems to help, I smear some on mine, then dab off the excess each morning, after a session on the bog!

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Would you post a link or picture of the product you use?

Iechid da!.
    Diolch!

I have bought jars from Delicatessants, but my local supermarket has been selling them too. The Deli's usually have the high grade more pricey "Organic" $tuff!

A Jar should last you a good ol' while, I just put some in a plastic container and keep it on the bedside cabinet. I used to put drops of lavender or tea tree in it as well, but haven't bothered latley.

Here's a link for a look see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vita-Extra-.../dp/B00OBDW5BY

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger