Thread: SmartDrive Plug Issues

SmartDrive Plug Issues

I have been using my Smart Drive for a few years now. Its the Mk1, first gen Smart Drive and it has been serving me well. It travels with me including on holidays and never had any issues with it. Its a well-thought, well-built little motor that provides lots of use and assistance especially on climbs.
    Its not just a Smartdrive, it helps prevent fatigue and possible shoulder injuries when propelling on climbs and harder terrains.

However, it failed on me recently and upon further inspection with the AD (authorized dealer), the pins on the plug have corroded (likely water/rain, etc.) and snapped-off partially, hence, no contact with the female plug at the battery.
    I've tried finding this at numerous electrical stores, but none of them have it, nor seen it before.
    Received a quote from Max Mobility but, the price for the plug is simply absurd.

My purpose for writing here is to seek help if you know any electrical store that may have this plug/connector. Likely it will come in a set (Male/female) and I will gladly pay for them. I do not live in US, hence, will be great if I can either buy them online or request help for their contact numbers if you know they have them.

Currently my Smart Drive cannot be used. I do hope to find the connectors and get it operating again.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at smokinn.babe@gmail.com

Sincerely,
    Adrian
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by smokinn.babe; 08-06-2017 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo

Those pins can also get bent. I've had that happen. Did you ask about the cost of a charger? You could cut and splice a chargers plug.

Or you could use your own chargers plug and figure out the charge wires for the battery and pigtail another connection in the cable if the cost or time is too excessive.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Can you see any marks/numbers that would give a clue to the manufacture?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn.babe View Post

...However, it failed on me recently and upon further inspection with the AD (authorized dealer), the pins on the plug have corroded (likely water/rain, etc.) and snapped-off partially, hence, no contact with the female plug at the battery.
    Look at the plug again. It has all six pins. But they are not in alignment. The spacing on the top and right side in the photo is whacky. Look also at your charger plug and compare the two. Now get a very small needle nose pliers and carefully, slowly correct the bent pins as best you can. I don't like these plugs because the mating guides are easy to miss when sticking them together.

Sorry, but I had an extra one of these plugs with the pigtail and pc adapter I'd trade with you, but I cannot find it. I spent an hour looking in all the suspect places.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.