Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new tilite tr specs and CAD

I'm so curious about the ergo seat. I'm Spina Bifida so my spine curves differently. If I have dump, my ischials hurt a lot. Yet having the chair with only a very slight dump I'll feel like I'm not IN the chair. Dilemma!

Ergo seating works for only some people. Can you try one to see if it helps? I did:

I discovered my like of ergo in a roundabout way. Before ergo I had 3" dump; coasting downhill I would slide out of my seat when stopping. PT provided me a Comfort Company Adjuster cushion, and I adjusted it to be thicker in front and thinner in back. That kept me in my seat, but the back was too thin. So I lowered my AeroZ's RSH, but so much dump was awkward and weird. So (not even thinking "ergo"), I fashioned a plywood wedge to level out the rear of the seat. It worked!! I readjusted the cushion to normal, and I stayed in my seat when stopping downhill. AND it was comfortable.

I had made a defacto ergo seat. PT said they normally don't order ergo seating for folks, but because I was already using one that worked well, she ordered my new TR with one.

Here are some pics of my AeroZ including several showing my wooden ergo wedge and spacers.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>