Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new tilite tr specs and CAD

Does anybody have experience with the spinergy carbon blade rims? I could only find one thread on here about them.
    Can tilite do rigid side guards with a folding back rest? I haven't found any and I hate the look of that block the removable ones slide into.
    Has anybody used a varilite meridian cushion with an ergo seat? I'm comfortable on this cushion but is there another I should check out?
    Thanks for the advice so far. I've been working on this chairs specs for 3 months now.
    Last edited by Wills77; 08-09-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    curious, what is the idea behind the flat part above the axle and then the slope to the front?
    looks to be about 7" of flat.
    Mine just slopes all the way to the back of the chair.
    It's called an ergo seat. It is supposed to help the position of your hips by letting you sit on a flat surface instead of in a wedge like most chairs with dump. I've tried 2 different chairs with it for short periods of time and right away felt like I was sitting more upright with better posture.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

The footplate on my first chair was very similar to yours. This is my current one. I have the plastic sided footplate that is the width of my widest shoes, velcroed to my standard footplate (so that I can remove it when I use my free wheel). I then had my front frame rails tapered down to the width of the footplate at the bottom, so there isn't any unused space on the sides. I'm not sure how much room you need between your frame rails at the footplate since you can stand though, so this may not apply to you in the same way.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Have that same footplate setup, love it. ingenious idea velcroing it so you can use the regular footplate underneath for the freewheel, may have to copy that.
    How much clearance do you have under the lowest part of your footplate?
    What seat pan are you using there? recommend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    The footplate on my first chair was very similar to yours. This is my current one. I have the plastic sided footplate that is the width of my widest shoes, velcroed to my standard footplate (so that I can remove it when I use my free wheel). I then had my front frame rails tapered down to the width of the footplate at the bottom, so there isn't any unused space on the sides. I'm not sure how much room you need between your frame rails at the footplate since you can stand though, so this may not apply to you in the same way.

I really like how it fills the whole width of your frame rails. My widest shoes/boots are 10 inches wide at their widest point so I think I'm stuck with the 11" wide frame rails. Did you get the plastic foot plate from tilite? do they have different sizes? cost?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Have that same footplate setup, love it. ingenious idea velcroing it so you can use the regular footplate underneath for the freewheel, may have to copy that.
    How much clearance do you have under the lowest part of your footplate?
    What seat pan are you using there? recommend ?
    There's probably around 1.5" below the back of my footplate. I'm 6'-2", with really long legs so I have my footplate pretty low to keep my knee clearance reasonable. My seat pan is from ADI. I had them cut me two pieces to fit my ergo frame, due to the bend, and velcroed them on so there is no hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I really like how it fills the whole width of your frame rails. My widest shoes/boots are 10 inches wide at their widest point so I think I'm stuck with the 11" wide frame rails. Did you get the plastic foot plate from tilite? do they have different sizes? cost?
    Yes, the plastic foot plate came from tilite. I don't think they are expensive. You could have the sided footplate the width of your tennis shoes or whatever you wear most of the time, if they are narrower than your boots, then take it off when you wear your boots so you'll have extra room.

Hey Brad,
    What injury level are you?
    what are the depths of your seat pans, and what's your total cushion size.
    completely curious about mocking up an ergo seat to see how it works for me, over 6' so figure the ratio you have split the ergo pan would be a good starting point.
    cheers.

There's probably around 1.5" below the back of my footplate. I'm 6'-2", with really long legs so I have my footplate pretty low to keep my knee clearance reasonable. My seat pan is from ADI. I had them cut me two pieces to fit my ergo frame, due to the bend, and velcroed them on so there is no hardware.

Hey Brad,
    What injury level are you?
    what are the depths of your seat pans, and what's your total cushion size.
    completely curious about mocking up an ergo seat to see how it works for me, over 6' so figure the ratio you have split the ergo pan would be a good starting point.
    cheers.
    I'm T6 complete with no trunk control. My chair is 15" wide, cushion is 15x19, rear seat pan (flat) is 7" and the front one (angled) is 12".

Thank you.

I'm T6 complete with no trunk control. My chair is 15" wide, cushion is 15x19, rear seat pan (flat) is 7" and the front one (angled) is 12".