Thread: AT Conversions

AT Conversions

Ughh. After months of working out how to obtain one of their mid-sized SUV's in Hawaii, I now have heard from a mobility dealer in Arizona that they are dropping their association with ATC. He recounted some bad experiences they had. So, before I completely ditch my effort, I was wondering whether any of you have had recent experiences with ATC. What do you guys think? It's such a unique and great idea for a conversion, I hate to have to settle for a 4 foot ramp sticking out of the vehicle. I have a hell of a time parking with my swing-a-way lift that only requires about 33" to the side. Requiring 6 or more feet will just be impossible. Which leaves me with rear entry vehicles. And there are few self-driving options available. Anyway, what are your experiences with ATC?
    C-6/7 incomplete

Hi Kulea
    Just wondering where you are at on Atc I am pursuing one at the moment. I have heard nothing but good things about there quality

Quote Originally Posted by pete4sake View Post
    Hi Kulea
    Just wondering where you are at on Atc I am pursuing one at the moment. I have heard nothing but good things about there quality
    I decided to put the ATC on hold. It was my second choice vehicle, and I am still concerned about the company. The side loading AT mid-size doesn't have a huge advantage over what I have now (1995 Econoline with Braun Swing-Away lift that only requires about 33" of side clearance). It has a lower height, which is great, but requires slightly more space to the side for egress. On the other hand, a small, self-drive rear entry would be ideal for me. Currently, I am crossing my fingers that the KIVI eMotion (my first choice) will clear the import hurdles. They have solved many of the roadblocks, but not all. I'm not in an extreme rush, however the current tax law would make it favorable to purchase a vehicle this year.
    C-6/7 incomplete