Thread: has anyone seen this hand rehab thingy?

has anyone seen this hand rehab thingy?

saebo.com

I "thought" I understood that something like the bioness will be used for hand rehab in the scinet trials...has anyone looked into this? Looks sleaker and Possibly better
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    saebo.com

I "thought" I understood that something like the bioness will be used for hand rehab in the scinet trials...has anyone looked into this? Looks sleaker and Possibly better
    If you're talking about the saebo glove or flex I've used both. There is no stimulation involved in either. The device brings you into extension and you have to contract for flexion. It's more of an exercise tool that promotes proper wrist positioning while working on flexion and assisting extension.

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    If you're talking about the saebo glove or flex I've used both. There is no stimulation involved in either. The device brings you into extension and you have to contract for flexion. It's more of an exercise tool that promotes proper wrist positioning while working on flexion and assisting extension.

Well, boo. But how long ago did you use it? Because I thought that some of what was shown on the site does incorporate electrical stim...do they perhaps have a newer model now?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Well, boo. But how long ago did you use it? Because I thought that some of what was shown on the site does incorporate electrical stim...do they perhaps have a newer model now?
    I own the glove, bought it about a year ago. The glove and the flex don't show anything dealing with stimulation on their website. They have a saeboStim micro that is supposed to help with recovery and spasticity using sensory stimulation but I have never tried it.

thanks ...I was just trying to compare this and the bioness by just looking at their websites and youtube videos ...they both seem to be more geared toward stroke victims really but maybe thats just because it hasn't been looked into more for sci until lately ...I dunno

Question

thanks ...I was just trying to compare this and the bioness by just looking at their websites and youtube videos ...they both seem to be more geared toward stroke victims really but maybe thats just because it hasn't been looked into more for sci until lately ...I dunno
    Do you need to have strong wrist control for it to be effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Do you need to have strong wrist control for it to be effective?
    I dunno, I just stumbled upon the website two days ago and need questions answered about it myself ...I filled out their form explaining my levels of injury and stuff and they e-mailed me back saying that the saebo mini would be the best for me but of course a representative is going to to say glowing things about the product so I am trying to get my feelers out there and learn all about it

I would recommend talking with a SCI specialty OT, or a hand therapist who is experienced with SCI, rather than go by what the vendor/salesperson tells you.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post

I was looking at this model that does incorporate stim

https://www.saebo.com/saebostim-micro/