Thread: Toyota Braun seat base

Toyota Braun seat base

I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna Braun and it has a B&D seat base on the driver side. I don't drive and my wife hates the b&d. I sit in the passenger compartment and the passenger Factory seat and Braun base are in storage. I would like to take the passenger side base and the drivers leather seat and use that in place of the B&D.

It looks like it might work but I'm not sure. I called Braun and they said it would work and then I was talking to a dealer and he said it would not work. Has anyone tried this or does anyone know if this will work question mark. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by brysan View Post
    ...then I was talking to a dealer and he said it would not work. ...
    If you are talking Toyota parts, check with the Toyota parts counter person to see if the left and right bases have the same part number. If the base was made by Braun, Braun knows the answer.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I'm not talking about Toyota parts. I'm talking about Braun aftermarket seat bases. I called a Braun dealer and he said it would not work. I don't trust a dealer so I called The Braun Factory and the woman on the phone said it would work.

So now I'm confused one tells me it will work and the other tells me that it won't. The only way is to try it but as a quadriplegic I'm not very good on the wrenches

Quote Originally Posted by brysan View Post
    I'm not talking about Toyota parts. I'm talking about Braun aftermarket seat bases. I called a Braun dealer and he said it would not work. I don't trust a dealer so I called The Braun Factory and the woman on the phone said it would work.

So now I'm confused one tells me it will work and the other tells me that it won't. The only way is to try it but as a quadriplegic I'm not very good on the wrenches

Do you still have the Braun drivers side base?

If not i bet the dealer does.

If you can't find the Braun drivers side base the passengers side base would more than like work with the drivers seat in the drivers position.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA