Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to carry smartphone on your chair

How to carry smartphone on your chair

I recently switched to a smartphone and I am having great difficulty finding a case that will accommodate carrying it on my chair. I have always hung my phone by a loop strap from my brake handle. I need it to hang horizontal vs vertical as my brakes are set low on my frame and I don't want it dragging near the floor/casters/etc. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy III. Any suggestions?

TiLIte seat slings have a pocket on the bottom between your legs. Works great. I'm sure if you don't have a TiLite the seat sling could be modified to fit your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Ah Perfect! A bit girlie (even though I am one lol) but it's great. They only designed them for the iPhone, wonder if it will fit my Samsung. Thanks Domosoyo!

Another great idea! Thanks sci-co-pilot

I just put small holes in the corner of a cheap case, attach a piece of rope with small zip ties, then put phone in said case. Can then hang phone safely on any part of the chair (in my case, my key hook). It also works great when handing the phone to someone else and getting it back with less risk of fumbling it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very clever Tsquared...that's basically what I want. I found a couple of wallet style cases I can sling a leather strap around the spine and hang it exactly in this way. :-) Thanks!

Personally, smart phones are the most antisocial technology you can get. However, I do have one for emergencies when I'm driving. I have got an iPhone six. If you go on eBay then you can find plenty of cases that hang around neck

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Personally, smart phones are the most antisocial technology you can get. However, I do have one for emergencies when I'm driving. I have got an iPhone six. If you go on eBay then you can find plenty of cases that hang around neck
    This thread isn't about should a person have a smartphone or not, but on that topic, if all you need is something for emergencies, there are plenty of dirt cheap dumbphones that do that just as well as an iPhone.

Back to original poster, since you're using a Galaxy III, your choices may be much more limited than what's available for iPhone. I use a OnePlus, so even less common and hence the reason why I modified my own. Plus I've never seen anything that does exactly what mine does anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/Synthetic-Lea.../dp/B00A71KZOS

These work pretty well and are ridiculously cheap. I bought several.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ca...D/172619261777
    C-6/7 incomplete