Thread: Real China inner edge plate? (does not stain)

Real China inner edge plate? (does not stain)

Since I have poor dexterity, I have a number of plates with an "inner edge" that allow me to scoop up food. They work great, but since they are constructed of plastic, they stain easily. Does anyone know of any made of real China?

that would be heavy nd bbreakable scary have u tried vinegar

soak

You are right, if it was me handling my plates I'd have shattered pieces in no time! It is my wife who is asking. Spaghetti sauce stains them every time, and she is looking for an easier alternative. I found a porcelain one being sold in the UK, but not here in the US.

I've had a pottery hobby for 16 years, using the wheel and now mostly handbuilt. I would suggest you may want to contact a clay artist, a pottery supply store, etc., and let them know what you need and have them put you in touch with someone who will make the plate (s) you specify. I wish I could help. I have two plate sizes; they are molds that you fit a flattened piece of clay over top. Then any edges you need would be added, and two firings done, final one with color of glaze you want on it. However, a clay artist could do this fairly quickly using a blob of clay on a pottery wheel. I can no longer handle "centering" on the wheel, and my use of molds method, in light of my paralysis, is way to slow to help you.

Hope you consider a custom plate (s). It would be exactly the design you provide, beautiful to look at, microwave and dishwasher safe, and no stains can penetrate the glaze on it. (The glazes used for food are rated as food-safe.) Plus, you may find the process fun, and provide work for an artist.
    Only downside, as I say, 'pottery breaks' via accidents.

Hey WheelDon I thought of this set right away. We just saw it when we were out and about. It is even called "Ledge" ha
    (We currently use a set like this that is out of production so as we break pieces it is good to know we can slowly replace with Ledge.)

https://www.cb2.com/ledge-dinnerware/f14909

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Hey WheelDon I thought of this set right away. We just saw it when we were out and about. It is even called "Ledge" ha
    (We currently use a set like this that is out of production so as we break pieces it is good to know we can slowly replace with Ledge.)

https://www.cb2.com/ledge-dinnerware/f14909
    This is a great idea! I checked it out and looks like fine products readily available.

You could also consider an add-on plate guard, which you can put on any plate, even at a restaurant. They come in both metal and plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...4dkympgq_b_p20

(KLD)

Thank you for all your suggestions. Domosoyo, I just ordered two of the 8 inch plates from CD2 to try. Tryumph, great idea, and if the lip on these plates isn't tall enough for my clumsiness, I'm going to find a pottery hobbyist. KLD, we have a plastic one of those plate guards, and we could never get it to fit the plate correctly. I think I will pass on that idea, but thanks.