Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any way to toughen up skin?

I've thought about lymphedemic massages for my legs. Covered through my insurance.

My friend also pounds water - it's all she drinks. Never a wound.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I had been trying to acquire some regenerative medicine dressings but there are no doctors in my state that are affiliated with the company that makes them. I first heard of it on Discovery or Science channel about a decade ago. A man who had his fingertip cut off, regrew it entirely with the powder form of the product.

My tear is on the mend so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing currently.

If the regenerative medicine interests you, here are links to the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBUM51t4iw

http://www.mirm.pitt.edu/badylak/

I'm 65 and started getting that tissue-thin skin on my arms. I had a large brown spot that left the skin very, very thin. I started using Aveeno Skin Strengthening lotion/cream. IT WORKS. The skin on my arms is noticeably healthier. The skin that was the brown spot looks healthy and normal. I swear by this stuff. Wal Mart has it and also Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    I'm 65 and started getting that tissue-thin skin on my arms. I had a large brown spot that left the skin very, very thin. I started using Aveeno Skin Strengthening lotion/cream. IT WORKS. The skin on my arms is noticeably healthier. The skin that was the brown spot looks healthy and normal. I swear by this stuff. Wal Mart has it and also Amazon.
    I'll check into that, thanks.

I don't think you need the Kardashian butt, but a little more fat/muscle would probably help! lol That being said, if it is getting better, I would continue on the path you are on. Oh, and I am going to try the Aveeno myself ... it can't hurt and I have found that product line to be good for sensitive skin.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.