Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    Does anyone know what Asia group(s) they plan on doing their chronic trial with?
    I've been told the phase 1 trial is for chronic (more than 12 months) cervical injuries, ASIA-A and ASIA B. Phase 2 is planned to expand on the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    From memory, the hurdles stem from inhibiting three growth inhibitors; what else gets going besides axon growth and nerve sprouting? Is there a increased cancer risk? What are the other side-effects?
    I'll try to track down my notes because the deck doesn't include the stuff we talked about on the phone.
    I asked the question and was told that the preclinical safety studies have not indicated that there is a concern with cancer or non-beneficial sprouting. There shouldn't be any delays due to safety concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    I've been told the phase 1 trial is for chronic (more than 12 months) cervical injuries, ASIA-A and ASIA B. Phase 2 is planned to expand on the criteria.
    Who told you this? Did they tell you this recently (this year)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Who told you this? Did they tell you this recently (this year)?
    I heard this yesterday from the Executive Director who owns this from Wings for Life. She verified it with RenetX before coming back to me.

I could have asked Erika Smith or Stephen Strittmatter, but I thought this would be the quickest route to the answers.

I heard this yesterday from the Executive Director who owns this from Wings for Life. She verified it with RenetX before coming back to me.

I could have asked Erika Smith or Stephen Strittmatter, but I thought this would be the quickest route to the answers.
    Nice thank you for letting us know! Do you know if there's going to be a limit on the amount of years since the injury? I hope there's no limit

They're still planning on cervical only though, right?
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Nice thank you for letting us know! Do you know if there's going to be a limit on the amount of years since the injury? I hope there's no limit
    Not that they mentioned, although this always worries me as by the time any of these things get to market who knows how much more we will have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    They're still planning on cervical only though, right?
    Apparently the reason for focusing on cervical patients with some residual hand function is that it is possible to measure changes resulting from the treatment.
    The muscles and dermatomes in the thoracic region are difficult to assess and therefore it would be more difficult to achieve conclusive results.
    Of course, people with thoracic injuries should also benefit from such treatments but their inclusion is planned after they get results from cervical injuries.

I hear you, but it seems an ASIA A that moved something for the first time post injury would be pretty conclusive, but atrophy might be worse.
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.

Apparently the reason for focusing on cervical patients with some residual hand function is that it is possible to measure changes resulting from the treatment.
    The muscles and dermatomes in the thoracic region are difficult to assess and therefore it would be more difficult to achieve conclusive results.
    Of course, people with thoracic injuries should also benefit from such treatments but their inclusion is planned after they get results from cervical injuries.

• Inside a muscle there are groups of motor units separated by membranes. Each motor unit consists of a single neuron and all of the muscle fibers it stimulates. In muscles such as the hand where fine motor control is necessary the ratio of nerves to fibers will be much higher than that of a muscle such as the calf.