Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ReNetX Bio Launched to Advance Innovative Neuro-Regenerative Technology Developed at

Never mind I thought he was talking about a different company.

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    Where did you get that they'll change the focus if successful? Story came out at the end of July that they wanted to start trials on chronic spinal cord injuries in 2018. They have on their website that they want proof of concept done in 2020.

Here:

"The trial, which is pending regulatory approval, could begin in as little as 15 months and, if successful, the treatment could begin to restore some sensation and control to patients? limbs within six months to a year. From there, the company would seek to apply the therapy to glaucoma and then stroke damage."
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

I saw this on twitter "Excellent talk from Prof Martin Schwab on phase II clinical trial of anti-Nogo 1 antibodies for #SCI at #isrt2017 @SpinalResearch" (can't figure out how to link tweets) also said they are starting phase II or treatment trials in Dec/Jan

It was retweeted by spinalresearch
    https://twitter.com/drrdb93/status/903980170163482624
    I'm thinking this isn't connected to ReNetx. There's no mention of Martin Schwab on their website and Schwab did an acute trial of anti-nogo 2006-2011 in Switzerland. Probably a similar situation to chondoitinase, where there are multiple people trying to develop a therapy that aren't connected.

Also it states on their website they want to use this treatment for acute sci, glaucoma, and stroke. But their first priority is getting it available for chronic sci.

Update:

"Thank you so much for signing up for our newsletter. We are excited to share information on the funding commitment between ReNetX Bio and Wings for Life to take the company into clinical trials for Chronic Spinal Cord next year.
    https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...-to-Trial.html

We will continue to keep you in the loop with additional updates.

Warmest Regards,
    Erika Smith
    CEO
    ReNetX Bio"

Nov. 07, 2017
    The Wings for Life foundation has made a significant commitment to ReNetX Bio .. . . .

planned ReNetX clinical trial will be for subjects with chronic spinal cord injury.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/11/07/1176737/0/en/ReNetX-Bio-Receives-7M-Commitment-from-Wings-for-Life-to-Bring-Spinal-Cord-Treatment-to-Trial.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Tragic that they won't even start the trial for more than a year and then they'll change the focus if they're successful. That's a strategy to string out funding for years instead of one aimed at helping scis as soon as possible.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Actually, I spoke to Smith and find it a truly exciting idea. Just wish it would move faster!

Actually, I spoke to Smith and find it a truly exciting idea. Just wish it would move faster!
    Nice! That's the CEO correct? Did she mention anything that hasn't been covered in this thread?

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Strittmatter about 10 years ago; he is a sincere gentleman, even while being brutally honest with an audience sitting in wheelchairs. It must have been when the holy grail was stem cells. He clearly didn?t think anyone in that room was going to live long enough to benefit from stem cell therapies. The research had to far to go before it would be useful. I hadn?t been injured very long at that point and was still living in a nursing home so .. . . . I don?t have to describe that plate being full here on this forum .. . . . so unfortunately I don?t remember what his presentation was about. I remember thinking it takes a pretty big person to eloquently dash the hopes of a room full of quads and at the same time be not-so eloquent about the powerpoint projector not working.

The concept of this therapy is awesome. Not sure what happens when out of 700 muscles 692 are atrophied, but at this point I would be first in line to find out.

I am curious what is different from the Novartis anti-nogo trial. And I am a bit surprised there?s not much discussion here, doesn?t seem to be the interest there usually is for potential clinical trials. Announcements like this normally look like honey bees on a queen here.

please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

If you mean the Novartis trial of ATI355, then the biggest benefit is that this trial is believed to work on Chronic injuries. ATI355 has shown only to be effective for acute injuries.

Also this binds three inhibitors to growth.

Nice! That's the CEO correct? Did she mention anything that hasn't been covered in this thread?
    Yes, the CEO. Quite a bit actually. It was as a potential investor and I think I might have signed a nondisclosure. I'll need to check. I know she sent me an investor deck, just not sure if it was the non-confidential one.