Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

GJNL: Please keep your post about microcyn on the public forum. I know you must be frustrated ducking the attacks on you personally, but others who are interested in the subject would not be able to see the posts if they were by private message and others are interested.

Keep up the great work of keeping us informed on this product, GJNL. I swear by this product and would not be alive today without it.

GJ. What is your take on new batches not having the faint bleach smell and not working as mentioned by another member?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    GJ. What is your take on new batches not having the faint bleach smell and not working as mentioned by another member?
    I don't have a take on this issue because I am not experiencing what you report. I have a bottle of HydroCleanse setting here at my desk. The Lot number is 17C054 (2019-03). I do smell the familiar, but faint odor of bleach in this bottle.

While I don't work for, own stock in, or get paid by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, I do have a couple of contacts to whom I can direct questions. I have sent the couple of comments I have read and if I get a response, I will share that with you. One more caveat...I am not the only member on Care Cure Community to have talked to contacts at Sonoma Pharmaceutical, formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences. In the Open Letter to Dr. Young thread on this forum that has been closed, there are at least a couple of comments by other members that they have talked to members of management at Sonoma Pharmaceuticals.
    Last edited by gjnl; 08-01-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Message to t8burst,thanks but no thanks for the paternalism,it's bad enough when the medical professionals we deal with treat us like idiots it's particularly annoying when a member of the community does it,we're disabled not brain damaged.We have a ''superbug'' crisis going on and a diminishing supply of antibiotics to treat them.We do not have time to wait for pharma or the govt.to start a trial on a low cost, low profit treatment,it ain't gonna happen.We are adults,we can speak and decide for ourselves.

ctoom, this website was started by a scientist, for the community, and is based on the scientific process when it comes to the care and cure of spinal cord injury. Therefore, all sides must be presented in order for members to make informed decisions. t8 presented facts about the product that everyone should have access to.
    Last edited by Jim; 08-02-2017 at 03:46 PM.

I have been using this product for around three years after a long bout with a resistant bug. I has been heaven sent. YES I would like to see clinical trials specifically directed for bladder instillation, would love to have statistical data on adverse effects. But for now there is none. My urologist is very happy with my bladder and so am I, and so is my infectious desease doctor. They both have given me the green light to instill twice a day, and I leave it in until my next cath 3/4 hours after.

I was also running out of antibiotics and very hesitant about trying this.

Again, I would love to see a push for clinical trials.

Finally, in the meantime as an everyday user, I would invite anyone to start a thread on adverse effects. Many people here have been using this for 6/7 years.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Jim, I have looked for the facts you mention but I guess I missed the post. Can you please guide me to the post where these facts are presented?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    ctoom, this website was started by a scientist, for the community, and is based on the scientific process when it comes to the care and cure of spinal cord injury. Therefore, all sides must be presented in order for members to make informed decisions. t8 presented facts about the product that everyone should have access to.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Jim, I have looked for the facts you mention but I guess I missed the post. Can you please guide me to the post where these facts are presented?
    This has gotten silly. I had two salient points I wanted people to be aware of

1. Injecting any Microcyn like product is only anecdotally safe. I am not telling people not to do it but there was a definite lack of discussion about the fact that people are putting an untested substance inside their body. Again, I am not telling people what to do but felt they should at least know it is not a tested use of the product. To me actually putting a substance inside your body, especially on a regular basis is something that should be carefully considered. As an example people have said you can put Microcyn on your eyes it is so harmless. You can put Visine in your eyes but if you ingest it won't contrary to popular belief cause diarrhea but can cause some nasty symptoms, including coma: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002590.htm. Basically Caveat Emptor.

2. GJNL was cutting and pasting information from the Sonoma pharmaceuticals website, claiming their products were better than others based on Sonoma marketing literature. All she had to do was properly attribute where her information was coming from instead of presenting it as fact and there would have been no issue. She has since stated that she is not connected in any way to Sonoma.

You are leaving it in your bladder for four hours every day? To me that is scary and possibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    This has gotten silly. I had two salient points I wanted people to be aware of

1. Injecting any Microcyn like product is only anecdotally safe. I am not telling people not to do it but there was a definite lack of discussion about the fact that people are putting an untested substance inside their body. Again, I am not telling people what to do but felt they should at least know it is not a tested use of the product. To me actually putting a substance inside your body, especially on a regular basis is something that should be carefully considered. As an example people have said you can put Microcyn on your eyes it is so harmless. You can put Visine in your eyes but if you ingest it won't contrary to popular belief cause diarrhea but can cause some nasty symptoms, including coma: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002590.htm. Basically Caveat Emptor.

2. GJNL was cutting and pasting information from the Sonoma pharmaceuticals website, claiming their products were better than others based on Sonoma marketing literature. All she had to do was properly attribute where her information was coming from instead of presenting it as fact and there would have been no issue. She has since stated that she is not connected in any way to Sonoma.

You are leaving it in your bladder for four hours every day? To me that is scary and possibly dangerous.

In 2010, you were right on board with using the product. See post 505 on the thread below:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ht=open+letter

In every case where I have posted a document on this thread or any other, I am pretty consistent in posting the source in the form of a web address. I've never tried to hide the my source of information
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 08-04-2017 at 10:09 PM.