Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105155195196197198199200201202203204205206 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2059

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

I have been using this product for around three years after a long bout with a resistant bug. I has been heaven sent. YES I would like to see clinical trials specifically directed for bladder instillation, would love to have statistical data on adverse effects. But for now there is none. My urologist is very happy with my bladder and so am I, and so is my infectious desease doctor. They both have given me the green light to instill twice a day, and I leave it in until my next cath 3/4 hours after.

I was also running out of antibiotics and very hesitant about trying this.

Again, I would love to see a push for clinical trials.

Finally, in the meantime as an everyday user, I would invite anyone to start a thread on adverse effects. Many people here have been using this for 6/7 years.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Jim, I have looked for the facts you mention but I guess I missed the post. Can you please guide me to the post where these facts are presented?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    ctoom, this website was started by a scientist, for the community, and is based on the scientific process when it comes to the care and cure of spinal cord injury. Therefore, all sides must be presented in order for members to make informed decisions. t8 presented facts about the product that everyone should have access to.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Jim, I have looked for the facts you mention but I guess I missed the post. Can you please guide me to the post where these facts are presented?
    This has gotten silly. I had two salient points I wanted people to be aware of

1. Injecting any Microcyn like product is only anecdotally safe. I am not telling people not to do it but there was a definite lack of discussion about the fact that people are putting an untested substance inside their body. Again, I am not telling people what to do but felt they should at least know it is not a tested use of the product. To me actually putting a substance inside your body, especially on a regular basis is something that should be carefully considered. As an example people have said you can put Microcyn on your eyes it is so harmless. You can put Visine in your eyes but if you ingest it won't contrary to popular belief cause diarrhea but can cause some nasty symptoms, including coma: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002590.htm. Basically Caveat Emptor.

2. GJNL was cutting and pasting information from the Sonoma pharmaceuticals website, claiming their products were better than others based on Sonoma marketing literature. All she had to do was properly attribute where her information was coming from instead of presenting it as fact and there would have been no issue. She has since stated that she is not connected in any way to Sonoma.

You are leaving it in your bladder for four hours every day? To me that is scary and possibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    This has gotten silly. I had two salient points I wanted people to be aware of

1. Injecting any Microcyn like product is only anecdotally safe. I am not telling people not to do it but there was a definite lack of discussion about the fact that people are putting an untested substance inside their body. Again, I am not telling people what to do but felt they should at least know it is not a tested use of the product. To me actually putting a substance inside your body, especially on a regular basis is something that should be carefully considered. As an example people have said you can put Microcyn on your eyes it is so harmless. You can put Visine in your eyes but if you ingest it won't contrary to popular belief cause diarrhea but can cause some nasty symptoms, including coma: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002590.htm. Basically Caveat Emptor.

2. GJNL was cutting and pasting information from the Sonoma pharmaceuticals website, claiming their products were better than others based on Sonoma marketing literature. All she had to do was properly attribute where her information was coming from instead of presenting it as fact and there would have been no issue. She has since stated that she is not connected in any way to Sonoma.

You are leaving it in your bladder for four hours every day? To me that is scary and possibly dangerous.

In 2010, you were right on board with using the product. See post 505 on the thread below:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ht=open+letter

In every case where I have posted a document on this thread or any other, I am pretty consistent in posting the source in the form of a web address. I've never tried to hide the my source of information
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 08-04-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Theracyn

For any of you that uses Theracyn instillations, this is a good deal on purchasing it. https://www.horse.com/Search.aspx?query=theracyn

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    For any of you that uses Theracyn instillations, this is a good deal on purchasing it. https://www.horse.com/Search.aspx?query=theracyn
    Thanks, "Brent K."

They have sales often. I joined their e-mail list and will get an e-mail on every sale. There have been some with larger discounts.

If you're wondering which product to try, according to the reps, the Theracyn pink eye spray is the strongest of the retail versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    If you're wondering which product to try, according to the reps, the Theracyn pink eye spray is the strongest of the retail versions.
    But, it may also have a differently balanced formula that does not cause the problems that many of us were having with spasms and autonomic symptoms just after a few minutes of exposure. I have been using the pink eye formulation for a few months now and find that I can instill and retain this formulation longer than I could with the Wound and Skin Care formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    How do any of us know? As you should be very aware, there is a continuing lock down on opinions and closing of forums without any explanation, whether on the political spectrum or even the care spectrum. I am getting very wary due to justifiable suspicions of the squelching of opinion on this forum...actually it is kind of creepy.

How many times have you read...this site belongs to Wise Young and (now I am paraphrasing) he will do with it what he damn well pleases...Creepy and now scary!

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid after recent privacy and security concerns at Facebook.
    Care - February 27th colostomy post looks like it was an accident .. otherwise I don't ever remember a Care Thread being locked?
    Political Forum - Most recently the Trump thread but it's been a long time there too.

I'd hardly call that a 'lock down?' The good ole days saw three posts locked per week! lol

in the very very early days, all the posts here were lost as the person who provided the funds for the site took all of the info with them claiming it was theirs. That was before I stumbled upon this site though so I am fuzzy on details.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12