Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    would be good to know how her husband has done long term.
    Yup, it would be interesting to hear if there are any adverse affects to injecting an untested substance into your body over an extended period of time.

2009 Oculus (now Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) Press Release
    FDA Clears Expanded Label Claim for Oculus Innovative Sciences Lead Microcyn Technology

http://www.microsafecare.com/uploads...ime%20copy.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Supplement to the January 2006 Issue of WOUNDS A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice
    http://www.woundsresearch.com/files/...72706_occu.pdf

I should warn you that there are some very graphic pictures of severe wounds within the pages of the publication.

Clinical Experience with a New, Stable, Super-Oxidized Water in Wound Treatment
    Table of Contents
    Super-Oxidized Dermacyn in Lower-Extremity Wounds
    Introduction and early experience .................................................. ...........page 3

David E. Allie, MD
    Cardiovascular Institute of the South
    Lafayette, LA
    The Science Behind Stable, Super-Oxidized Water
    Exploring the various applications of super-oxidized solutions......................page 7

Andr?s A. Guti?rrez, MD, PhD
    Oculus Innovative Sciences
    Petaluma, California
    Advanced Wound Care with Stable, Super-Oxidized Water
    A look at how combination therapy can optimize wound healing ...............page 11

Tom A. Wolvos, MD, FACS
    Scottsdale Healthcare Wound Management Services
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Treating Diabetic Foot Ulcers with Super-Oxidized Water
    A look at advances in this pH-neutral, non-toxic treatment .........................page 14

Luca Dalla Paola, MD
    Diabetic Foot Department, Foot & Ankle Clinic
    Abano Terme Hospital, Abano Terme, Italy
    Reducing Bacterial Infectious Complications from Burn Wounds
    A look at the use of Oculus Microcyn60 to treat wounds in Mexico ...........page 17
    Ariel Miranda Altamirano, MD
    Pediatric Burn Unit
    Hosptial Civil, Guadalajara, Mexico

The Microcyn?Technology is unique in many ways. It is....​
    • developed and produced by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (Formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences Inc.), a U.S. listed biopharmaceutical company, under continuous refinement for over 16 years
    • t​he original and very first hypochlorous acid (HOCl) introduced into the U.S. advanced wound care market
    • ​world’s best selling hypochlorous (HOCl) wound treatment product healing over 10 million creatures - human and animal, without a single reported case of serious adverse affect.
    • ​used daily in over 20 countries and over 400 hospitals in the U.S.
    • ​its unique solution chemistry is proven safe and effective in helping to reduce itch, scarring, inflammation, skin infection and improved healing in over 30 clinical trials
    • ​patented by 35 issued patents and 109 pending patents worldwide
    • ​has obtained 13 FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) and 20 CE (Conformit Europenne) approvals

Microcyn Technology Facts

You know people are perfectly capable of googling the web themselves. There are plenty of products I use that I think are excellent but I don't see the need to create threads about them or post advertisements for the products. At some point you have to wonder if you are associated with the company and what you are doing is ethical. In my opinion Microcyn is a 23 dollar bottle of bleach water that is a total ripoff. I read Sonoma Pharmacutical's latest SEC filing and they have over 40 different products all just variations of microcyn repackaged for everything like acne to UTIs (they only sell this in mexico, I guess because the FDA would slam them for selling it in the US, which is pretty interesting).

You also present the classic behavior of hucksters on the web, when someone posts a dissenting post you bombard the forums with positive comments to drown out any dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    The Microcyn?Technology is unique in many ways. It is....​
    • developed and produced by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (Formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences Inc.), a U.S. listed biopharmaceutical company, under continuous refinement for over 16 years
    • t​he original and very first hypochlorous acid (HOCl) introduced into the U.S. advanced wound care market
    • ​world?s best selling hypochlorous (HOCl) wound treatment product healing over 10 million creatures - human and animal, without a single reported case of serious adverse affect.
    • ​used daily in over 20 countries and over 400 hospitals in the U.S.
    • ​its unique solution chemistry is proven safe and effective in helping to reduce itch, scarring, inflammation, skin infection and improved healing in over 30 clinical trials
    • ​patented by 35 issued patents and 109 pending patents worldwide
    • ​has obtained 13 FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) and 20 CE (Conformit Europenne) approvals

Microcyn Technology Facts

Gjnl : I meant for this post to appear in the box with your answer to me. Guess I should have hit reply with quote... This is for a male who caths using a closed system.And thank you for the info that the vetrycyn is not shelf stable. I remember reading that
    someone on this forum used it because it was cheaper, but I thought it was the same product . So, how does one clean the urethra of a male and also keep the piece of tubing clean for the next introduction of mirocyn into the urethra?
    Last edited by Mary Jane; 07-26-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Post reply did not go below the original.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    You know people are perfectly capable of googling the web themselves. There are plenty of products I use that I think are excellent but I don't see the need to create threads about them or post advertisements for the products. At some point you have to wonder if you are associated with the company and what you are doing is ethical. In my opinion Microcyn is a 23 dollar bottle of bleach water that is a total ripoff. I read Sonoma Pharmacutical's latest SEC filing and they have over 40 different products all just variations of microcyn repackaged for everything like acne to UTIs (they only sell this in mexico, I guess because the FDA would slam them for selling it in the US, which is pretty interesting).

You also present the classic behavior of hucksters on the web, when someone posts a dissenting post you bombard the forums with positive comments to drown out any dissent.
    I've heard this all before from you. If I know the drill, you fluster and bluster about for a couple more posts then pronounce you're out of here.

I wouldn't have started this thread if a moderator hadn't closed the Open Letter to Dr. Young for no logical reason or explanation. Closed threads sink to the bottom of the heap because members can no longer post to them. A large body of anecdotal information is lost. Anecdotal information plays a part in raising awareness in the medical community and contributes to drug trials. All of us would like to see Microcyn Technology in a drug trial to help prevent urinary tract infections. I'm trying to revive the ability to create this kind of content.

One of the main purposes of this site is to give members the opportunity to share experiences with products and techniques.

I'm not flooding the thread with Google search results. All of this information appeared in one form or another in that long thread.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-27-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post

t8burst: This product seems different because it is not irritating to sensitive skin, eyes, mouth like bleach and because of its effectiveness with mersa and perhaps other resistant bugs.

GJNL Im T5 female using indwelling urethral cath. Ok to do the 60ml flush w microcyn ( you are the resident expert couldnt find a post from a woman using it). Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Podkane View Post
    GJNL Im T5 female using indwelling urethral cath. Ok to do the 60ml flush w microcyn ( you are the resident expert couldnt find a post from a woman using it). Thx!
    The general rule is to start out with a pretty minimal amount of Microcyn or Theracyn Skin and Wound Care, say 20-30cc and retain it for about 5 minutes. As you can see from the chart above, contact time to kill bacteria is pretty short. If you feel you need to use more, you can of course, but there really isn't a reason to use more than you need. 60cc per day can get pretty expensive. If you have been using the indwelling urethral catheter for a time, your bladder may not be able to hold 60cc for 5 minutes. You need to be careful and avoid reflux of anything, urine or super oxidized water into the kidneys.

There are a number of super oxidized waters/electrolized waters on the market. I focus on Microcyn and Theracyn Skin and Wound liquid because they have excellent shelf stability.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-27-2017 at 02:19 PM.