Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

BTW - my Dad uses hydrocleanse to activate his hydrophilic catheter, and then instills the Gent.

so, no drug interaction??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

No. Not an issue at all.

My Dad likes to do the catheter activation with Hydrocleanse as a way of keeping his ureter a bit "cleaner", since the Gent never access that. He doesn't have any voluntary urination/leakage. Who knows if it really does anything.... But no side effects/issues so far, and his doctors are ok with it. Although, I admit that none of them are familiar with Hydrocleanse/Microcyn etc...

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    My Dad likes to do the catheter activation with Hydrocleanse as a way of keeping his ureter a bit "cleaner", since the Gent never access that.
    I hope you mean urethra, not ureter. Squirting anything up the ureter is nearly impossible, and potentially dangerous.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    No. Not an issue at all.

My Dad likes to do the catheter activation with Hydrocleanse as a way of keeping his ureter a bit "cleaner", since the Gent never access that. He doesn't have any voluntary urination/leakage. Who knows if it really does anything.... But no side effects/issues so far, and his doctors are ok with it. Although, I admit that none of them are familiar with Hydrocleanse/Microcyn etc...

I think she meant urethra
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I hope you mean urethra, not ureter. Squirting anything up the ureter is nearly impossible, and potentially dangerous.

(KLD)
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

GJ.
    did you contact ever reply regarding recent batch not working for a few customers?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    GJ.
    did you contact ever reply regarding recent batch not working for a few customers?
    When I talked to him and passed along comments from a couple Care Cure Community members, he said he knew Sonoma Pharmaceutical quality assurance team was doing some testing. but I haven't gotten any feedback about the results of the tests, if indeed the testing has been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    When I talked to him and passed along comments from a couple Care Cure Community members, he said he knew Sonoma Pharmaceutical quality assurance team was doing some testing. but I haven't gotten any feedback about the results of the tests, if indeed the testing has been completed.
    cool thx, keep us posted. I need to order another case of hydro soon I'm hoping this was an isolated problem
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

[QUOTE=fuentejps;1838806]...I need to order another case of hydro soon.../QUOTE]

Have you thought about using Theracyn? It is the very same formulation and you'd probably save some money.

Believe it or not winter is coming and if you live where these products might freeze overnight stacked in a delivery truck, you'll want to order before it turns cold.

[QUOTE=gjnl;1838808]
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ...I need to order another case of hydro soon.../QUOTE]

Have you thought about using Theracyn? It is the very same formulation and you'd probably save some money.

Believe it or not winter is coming and if you live where these products might freeze overnight stacked in a delivery truck, you'll want to order before it turns cold.
    I wasn't certain which to buy except hydrocleanse. this is cheapest I found theracyn.
    https://www.jefferspet.com/products/...ivestock-spray
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com