Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Does anyone irrigate with Acetic acid?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Blog Entries
    I apologize to have lost track.

Are any of these technologies available by prescription, and has any been FDA approved for bladder usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I apologize to have lost track.

Are any of these technologies available by prescription, and has any been FDA approved for bladder usage?
    There is a Microcyn Rx Skin and Wound Care Spray formulation that is FDA approved for Dermatalogic and Wound Care. Microcyn Technology has not received FDA approval for bladder irrigation. It is unlikely that you would get a doctor to officially prescribe Microcyn for this off label use, although there are those of us who have discussed this usage with our physicians, and our doctors have not expressed concern over the practice of using it. It is doubtful you could get insurance coverage for the off label use.

I tried that Microcyn stuff and it didn't work at all. I changed my cath technique and now I'm free of infections (I get some mild one once per 3 years). If someone self-caths and gets a few UTIs per year, then something is wrong. Bladder stones, too short antibiotic therapy from previous UTI or just poor technique of intermittent catheterization.

Blog Entries
    Thanks GJ. I forget which one I used on my wound. I’ve had a few, but I think it was the one you mentioned. If you have the time and patience, may I ask you just to list for me all the different forms/suffixes (micro, vet, clear, put, micro… AD , etc.) And any relevant differences? Are there any significant differences in the technology or shelflife? Or feel free to tell me (in your gentle way) to stop being so lazy, because I do know it’s all here somewhere.

Thanks GJ. I forget which one I used on my wound. I’ve had a few, but I think it was the one you mentioned. If you have the time and patience, may I ask you just to list for me all the different forms/suffixes (micro, vet, clear, put, micro… AD , etc.) And any relevant differences? Are there any significant differences in the technology or shelflife? Or feel free to tell me (in your gentle way) to stop being so lazy, because I do know it’s all here somewhere.
    I'm not sure what you are asking me to provide, and I really don't understand all the references you are making..."micro, vet, clear, put, micro… AD." Maybe if you could be more specific in your request, I might be able to respond from the level of experience that I have or yes you probably could find what you need to find by sleuthing out your interests and questions for yourself.

Sorry, I just am weary of providing information that is made of my own experience and being accused of being an agent of Sonoma Pharma...
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-10-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry. I was not aware of those dynamics. Please know that my question was only respectful, and sincerely appreciative of your knowledge. I just did not trust my spelling or knowledge of all the different formulations Here is my stab at it:

Please anyone correct or augment me

Microcyn
    MicrocynAH
    Vetericyn
    VetericynVF
    Clearicyn
    Putricyn

I am so sorry. I was not aware of those dynamics. Please know that my question was only respectful, and sincerely appreciative of your knowledge. I just did not trust my spelling or knowledge of all the different formulations Here is my stab at it:

Please anyone correct or augment me

Microcyn
    MicrocynAH
    Vetericyn
    VetericynVF
    Clearicyn
    Putricyn
    Microcyn..........Microcyn is manufactured and distributed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals who holds a patent on their hypochlorous acid proprietary formulation. Microcyn products are marketed for the management of surgical wounds, burns, pressure wounds, burns and minor skin irritations. There are prescription and an over the counter lines of products.

MicrocynAH.....This line of products is manufactured and distributed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals for use in veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers. AH stands for Animal Health.

HydroCleanse..HydroCleanse is manufactured by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals using Microcyn Technology. This product is sold through the Sonoma Pharmaceuticals on line store.

Theracyn.........Theracyn is a trademarked line of products distributed by MannaPro, a company specializing in animal care and nutrition and licensed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals to use Microcyn Technology (hypochlorous acid). This line of products is marketed to veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers.

Vetericyn.........From what I can tell, Vetericyn has been discontinued and replaced with Vetericyn Plus. Years ago, Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals, manufacturer and distributor of the products that bore the Vetericyn name held a license from Oculus Innovative Sciences (now Sonoma Pharmaceuticals) to use Microcyn Technology in their animal care line of products. They no longer use Microcyn Technology. They may have developed their own proprietary formula of hypochlorous acid or may hold a license from another company that manufactures their own formulation of this ingredient.

VetericynVF.......From what I can tell, Vetericyn VF has been discontinued and replaced with Vetericyn Plus. Years ago, Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals, manufacturer and distributor of the products that bore the VetericynVF name held a license from Oculus Innovative Sciences (now Sonoma Pharmaceuticals) to use Microcyn Technology in their animal care line of products. They no longer use Microcyn Technology. They may have developed their own proprietary formula of hypochlorous acid or may hold a license from another company that manufactures their own formulation of this ingredient. VF stood for Veterinarian Formula and was supposed to be available only to animal health care professionals, whereas Vetericyn was sold through retail outlets who served pet owners and feed and seed companies.

Vetericyn Plus....This product line seems to supersede Vetericyn and VetericynVF and is manufactured and distributed by Innovacyn to veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers.

Clearicyn..........Could be Celacyn, manufactured and distributed by IntraDerm, a company affilliated with Sonoma Pharmaceuticals. Celacyn is a prescription scar management gel formulated with Microcyn Technology to soften and flatten raised scars and reduce redness and discoloration.

Putricyn............Probably Puracyn, Puracyn Plus, Puracyn Plus Pro, manufactured and distributed my Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals. This company used to have a licensing agreement with Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (formerly known as Oculus Innovative Sciences), manufacturer and distributor of Microcyn Technology. Puracyn contains hypochlorous acid and is marketed to irrigate, debride. and cleanse surgical wounds, diabetic ulcers, pressure wounds, burns and skin grafts.

This is how I understand information about these products and companies. If anyone has additional or different information or understanding, please share.

I think most of us who use a hypochlorous acid (HClO)based product as a bladder instillation to help reduce colonization and help prevent urinary tract infections use a formulation that contains 0.009% HClO. Most of us use these products quickly enough that shelf life is probably not too much of an issue.
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-11-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much GJ! I have a very bad habit of asking for too much, which I fear I did of you, but it was very generous of you to indulge me in spades.

Thank you so much GJ! I have a very bad habit of asking for too much, which I fear I did of you, but it was very generous of you to indulge me in spades.
    No worries, mate.