Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Looks like they’re finally going to refund my order and have the product returned to them. Not sure what changed their mind, I emailed them a copy of the letter proving Health Canada blocked the entry of the product, but I also filed a disputed charge on my credit card. Either way, glad something is being done about it.

customs I think just depends on which inspector processes it. I’ve never had anything blocked before and I’ve been cross border shopping for a looong time

Glad that was resolved satisfactorily!

Haven’t posted in awhile. Hope all are doing well. Feeling down & frustrated. Ever since we started on Microcyn AH , it has been years back, clear sailing. Maym’s suprapubic catheter has been trouble free. Yesterday symptoms of U.T.I. started and worse today. Home Health nurse got UA & C &S. Flushed 4 times yesterday hoping turn it around. Doctor let me start her on Cipro to hopefully start to fix until results.
    Has anybody had break through like this? I guess Microcyn spoiled me , now my bubble has burst. Planning on continuing flushing twice a day unless convinced otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by maym View Post
    Haven?t posted in awhile. Hope all are doing well. Feeling down & frustrated. Ever since we started on Microcyn AH , it has been years back, clear sailing. Maym?s suprapubic catheter has been trouble free. Yesterday symptoms of U.T.I. started and worse today. Home Health nurse got UA & C &S. Flushed 4 times yesterday hoping turn it around. Doctor let me start her on Cipro to hopefully start to fix until results.
    Has anybody had break through like this? I guess Microcyn spoiled me , now my bubble has burst. Planning on continuing flushing twice a day unless convinced otherwise.
    I think the title of this thread says it all, "Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology." When it comes to urinary tract infections, nothing is foolproof/100% guaranteed. Maym has had a good run without a urinary tract infection, and that is quite an accomplishment. But, sometimes, and who knows why, bacteria will happen in the urinary tract and an infection develop.

I've only heard of one case where someone was able to "cure" a urinary tract infection with Microcyn Technology and that person instilled 60cc Microcyn every four hours around the clock for several days.

I understand starting an antibiotic after a specimen has been submitted for urinalysis (UA) and culture & sensitivty (C&S) to help relieve symptoms, but Cipro is such a broad spectrum antibiotic, it should be saved as one of the antibiotics of last resort. If your doctor prescribed Macrobid, Maym would probably get the benefits of symptom relief until the results of the tests are available. Then the doctor could switch to a more appropriate antibiotic as necessary. Make sure that the course of the chosen antibiotic is 12-14 days. Then about 3 days after she has finished the course, submit another specimen for UA and C&S to make sure there are no lingering bacteria. Myam can continue to use Microcyn while taking antibiotics. Make sure that a new catheter and leg bag are used.

Thanks gjnl. I was spoiled. Got to double down and try for another good run. Hope all is well with you. Maym’s husband

D Manoose for dissolving e coli biofilm? What can be used for other bacteria biofilms? Will instilling Microcyn AH for long duration do it? Thanks for thoughts. Maym’s husband

maym,

No sure if his would work, but may be worth looking into. So far, this has eradicated a chronic E-Coli colonization I have been dealing with for over 10 years.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-Bacteriophage

We all need as many tools as possible in dealing with bacteria related complications, i.e. Microcyn, Phage, even antibiotics.

I finally tried Microcyn AH. I had a log standing infection that had recently became symptomatic. I did 4 flushes of 30ml Microcyn, 15ml saline and just got tested and no sign of any bacteria. Amazed. I don't plan on doing flushes while clear but am using it as a preventative and spraying leg bag, urinary bucket.

Just a reminder that colonization of urine is not the same as a true UTI in someone with a neurogenic bladder. Many true UTIs also involve the entire urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, and bladder), esp. those that include signs/symptoms of fever, chills, malaise, and elevated WBCs in your blood. The latter usually indicates kidney involvement. Cystitis, or a UTI limited to bladder may be treatable with antibiotic or antiseptic flushes, but they will not be effective in a kidney infection.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

i would do it daily for a while in case bug is in bio film
    Quote Originally Posted by miltongm09 View Post
    I finally tried Microcyn AH. I had a log standing infection that had recently became symptomatic. I did 4 flushes of 30ml Microcyn, 15ml saline and just got tested and no sign of any bacteria. Amazed. I don't plan on doing flushes while clear but am using it as a preventative and spraying leg bag, urinary bucket.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer