Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    I understand why people using foley catheters would want to flush their bladders. But for others who don't use foleys why not use Macrobid? It seems to me to be an ideal prophylactic. It's a misconception that Macrobid wipes out your body's balance of natural bacteria. It is narrow spectrum targeting only the bladder.

But Macrobid is an antibiotic and prophylactic use of antibiotics can confer antibiotic resistance. Microcyn Technology is not an antibiotic.

Macrobid is a good antibiotic to use for early stage (simple not complex) e. coli infections, but is not effective against klebsiella. E. coli and klebsiella are the two most common bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-10-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Little advice please. Maym has suprapubic and we flush with Microcyn AH twice a day. No indications of UTI but since yesterday little blood clots ever so often. Very little but right when I think things are o.k. another little stain in bag. We have to get her up a lot on bowel activity day could this be causing cathetertip to scratch bladder wall? No spasms and urine looks great otherwise?
    Also we change CATH once a month. Anybody go longer? Thanks Maym husband

Quote Originally Posted by maym View Post
    Little advice please. Maym has suprapubic and we flush with Microcyn AH twice a day. No indications of UTI but since yesterday little blood clots ever so often. Very little but right when I think things are o.k. another little stain in bag. We have to get her up a lot on bowel activity day could this be causing cathetertip to scratch bladder wall? No spasms and urine looks great otherwise?
    Also we change CATH once a month. Anybody go longer? Thanks Maym husband
    How long has Maym had a supra pubic catheter? Has she been screened by cystoscopy since the placement of the supra pubic catheter? There is always the possibility of the formation of stones. General guidelines for cystoscopy screening with a supra pubic catheter is every 5 years. That said, it may be that there is some irritation caused by either the balloon always resting in the same spot or the tip of the catheter irritating the bladder wall. Have you tried the Poiesis Duette catheter? It has two balloons with the drainage eyelets in between the balloons, there is no tip to irritate the bladder wall. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...011-4/fulltext

She has had suprapubic since 2007. Cystoscope 10 ago. Everything was fine. I will look into that catheter. I kinda feel like irritation from catheter. It seems to be more frequent when I get her up and down?
    How often do you change catheter gjnl. Thanks for help. Maym husband

gjnl does the two balloons fit in bladder in same space needed for 1 balloon setup. We only use 10cc in balloon?

She has had suprapubic since 2007. Cystoscope 10 ago. Everything was fine. I will look into that catheter. I kinda feel like irritation from catheter. It seems to be more frequent when I get her up and down?
    How often do you change catheter gjnl. Thanks for help. Maym husband
    gjnl does the two balloons fit in bladder in same space needed for 1 balloon setup. We only use 10cc in balloon?
    It appears that Maym had a cystoscopy during or just after the placement of the supra pubic catheter, so it is definitely time for a urologist to take another look via cystoscopy.

I change the Poiesis Duette catheter every 4 to 6 weeks. Right now, I am averaging about every 5 weeks.

I use the Poiesis Duette catheter, but I don't fill the balloons to their maximum capacity. I fill the non black port with 6cc of sterile water and the colored port with 4cc of sterile water. About half way through the 5 week wear time, NL checks how much fluid is still in the balloons and if necessary tops them up to 6cc and 4cc respectively.

Thanks gjnl. I meant to write 10 months since cysto.

Ahhh, so much to read through. I see the banter is alive and well here. So, recommendations for the use for a special catheter? I'm ordering a bottle with high hopes, otherwise I can see the writing on the wall with how this ends. I'm constantly getting bugs with this damn thing and to only be treated as I go inpatient is discouraging. I'm told constantly to consume more water to flush the bugs but that ain't cutting it.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    Ahhh, so much to read through. I see the banter is alive and well here. So, recommendations for the use for a special catheter? I'm ordering a bottle with high hopes, otherwise I can see the writing on the wall with how this ends. I'm constantly getting bugs with this damn thing and to only be treated as I go inpatient is discouraging. I'm told constantly to consume more water to flush the bugs but that ain't cutting it.
    I hope you don't get your hopes up too high on just one bottle of whatever Microcyn based product you have chosen. Using Microcyn based instillations is a commitment over time. I have been using Microcyn based products for more than 6 years. You need to get urinary tract infection free and then expect to try to maintain that level with Microcyn based products.

If you go way back into a thread that has been closed, (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=open+letter) you will read that the husband of the original poster was able to cure a urinary tract infection by using a Microcyn instillation of 60cc every 4 hours around the 24 hour clock for several days. That probably isn't realistic for many of us.

Please read all of the material on this forum about Microcyn products very carefully.

There is a lot to know and learn.

I'm not symptomatic yet but hoping to prevent the next outbreak. I believe my bladder has been colonized by ecoli and pseudomonys and have read from a previous post or from another forum where someone was under the same impressions and was able to clear things up to the point that they weren't actually colonized. So, I'll follow up with my experience. Thanks for restarting this topic.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace